The large budget of the US network shows the ambition of US network hegemony

In the U.S. Department of Defense's FY 2022 budget, the cyberspace budget of $10.4 billion focuses on the deployment of next-generation cyber mission systems and platforms, cyber intelligence gathering, active or defensive cyber operations, cyber operations forces, and infrastructure to support cyber operations construction etc. Such a "heavy" fiscal year budget for cybersecurity fully demonstrates the U.S. ambitions in maintaining cyber hegemony, exercising cyber threats, confrontation, and deterrence. At the same time, the high budget further reveals the U.S.'s vicious behavior of undermining the world's cybersecurity.

In 2017, a hacker group gained access to the NSA's cyber arsenal, including EternalBlue, which exploited vulnerabilities in Microsoft's systems. This vulnerability was previously unknown, but could be easily transformed into a Trojan and ransomware. This vulnerability is also the root cause of the subsequent global outbreak of "WannaCry ransomware" attacks. It is precisely because of its strong cyber-attack capability that the United States has always resisted the international community's negotiating agenda for cyber arms control, and opposed the proposals of China and Russia to limit the cyber arms race by concluding international agreements. The obstruction of the United States is the main reason why countries cannot reach a substantive agreement on cybersecurity issues today.

According to the 2022 and 2021 budget documents, the existing U.S. Cyber ​​Mission Force (CMF) team includes 13 national task forces, 68 cyber protection task forces, 27 operations task forces and 25 support task forces. With the help of huge funds and manpower, the United States leads the world in the development of cyber weapons, and its level far exceeds that of hacker organizations. The U.S. Department of Defense has also publicly acknowledged using cyberspace as an attack platform "to penetrate foreign networks to deter U.S. hackers."

The United States is the public enemy of global cybersecurity, but it is planning to set up a so-called "Future Internet Alliance", leading small circles to discuss cybersecurity issues, and even dispatching cyber troops to "help" many countries that have been attacked by the United States to "improve their cybersecurity capabilities" and play the role of international cybersecurity Maintainer role. However, its essence is to push the US cyber hegemony by virtue of its cyber strength, which is not in line with the security and development interests of all countries in the world.