𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐬𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝

❝ i don't like your perfect crime, how you laugh when you lie ❞

i don't like your perfect crime,
how you laugh when you lie

≪•☽•≫
chapter two,
𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐒𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃

——— RUMMAGING THROUGH HER ROOM, trying to hold in her cries, her screams, Lidianna was in her bed chambers, trying to control her breathing as her skin began to turn blue again. Her lips quivered, shaking her head, not wanting to turn into that hideous creature again. She couldn't—

Her panic rose when she heard her door open to her aunt walking in. "Lidianna, dear? Are you—" But when Lidianna glanced back at her, her skin completely blue, her eyes red, Rune came to a halt. She stared at her wide eyed, trying to understand what she was looking at.

"Aunt Rune," Lidianna's voice cracked, Rune blinking at her, "Please help me...I..I can't— It won't stop—"

Without another thought, Rune shut the door behind her and ran towards Lidianna, plopping herself in front of the girl. She just stared at the teary-eyed girl confused, her brows furrowed together.

"What...happened—?"

"I'm not Asgardian," Lidianna cried and Rune gazed at her stunned, "I'm not..." she shook her head, continuing on to cry. But Rune just reached for her, pulling her into her arms as the Princess sunk away into her aunt's warmth.

The Lady let her Princess niece continue to cry out, comforting her, fiddling with her long brown hair, humming out a quiet tune. A tune the Lady knew Kaarina used to hum to Lidianna. It reminded the Princess of her mother's warm embrace and touch, and slowly, but surely, Lidianna's blue skin dissolved back to its regular pale color, with her red eyes back to blue.

"Your mother was Asgardian...which means...so are you," Rune whispered in the Princess's ear, whose breathing was slowly evening out, "So no matter what other half percentage you are...that will never change, my dear girl."

Lidianna nodded into her chest before slowly sitting up and Rune smiled at her. She reached over and wiped away a falling tear. "So, tell me...what exactly happened?"

And Lidianna told her mother's sister everything she and her father discovered. That her father was actually a Frost Giant, saved by Odin when he was a baby, but not just any Frost Giant. The King's son. Laufeyson. She told her that Odin had planned to use Lidianna as a bargaining chip for peace since she was half Frost Giant and half Asgardian. And when Lidianna got angry with her grandfather, he fell into Odinsleep.

Rune stared at her baffled while Lidianna frowned to herself, staring down at her hands. Rune then reached over and grabbed her hands, causing the Princess to look up at her.

"Your grandfather shouldn't have done that, shouldn't have used you and your parents," she told her niece, "You are completely, and utterly perfect just as you are..."