𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝ yelling at the sky, screaming at the world

yelling at the sky, screaming at the world. baby, why'd you go away?

≪•☽•≫
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐

Long before the birth of light there was darkness, and from that darkness, came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago, the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night.

Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction.

The noble armies of Asgard, King Bor Allfather, waged a mighty war against these creatures.

As the Nine worlds converged above him, Malekith could, at last, unleash the Aether...

But Asgard ripped the weapon from his grasp. Without it, the Dark Elves fell. With the battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in a desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army.

Malekith was vanquished, and the Aether was no more. Or so we were led to believe.

≪•☽•≫

The day they arrived back from Midgard, Lidianna remembered it well. She almost immediately slipped away and went to her bed chambers while her father was situated by her grandfather.

Once she reached her bedroom, her bedroom she had not seen in over a year, she came to a slow stop, examining the chambers closely. She slowly strolled around, still in her clothing from Midgard. Still looking like an evil witch.

But she didn't seem to care. Her room, it stayed the exact same. Not a spec of dust or dirt anywhere to be seen. Someone must have kept it clean in her absence.

She smiled to herself, genuinely happy to be home. In her bedroom. And—

Her doors suddenly opened and she heard footsteps come short. She blinked madly before turning back, straightening up, feeling her heart pounding when she found her Lady Aunt standing at her doors. With a shocked, and relieved expression over her.

Lidianna didn't know what to say. She could not tell if her aunt was mad or happy to see her. Lady Rune was just stunned.

Until she whispered, "Lidianna..."

Lidianna broke into a short smile and her aunt broke into tears. She ran forward and held her niece tightly as Lidianna hugged her back. Just as tight.

"Oh, I knew you weren't really dead. I just knew it," Lady Rune cried as a layer of tears stroke over Lidianna's blue eyes. She tightened her grip, as if she too thought she would never see her again. And now she was there, back in her comforting aunt's arms.