𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬

❝ i'm still your girl, holding on too tight ❞

i'm still your girl, holding on too tight

≪•☽•≫
chapter nine,
𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐒

——— THE NEXT DAY, Lidianna was pacing in her cell full of nerves. Triston had not come back after running off when he received news that something had happened to Jane Foster. And without knowing anything, Lidianna couldn't do anything but think of the worse.

After eating breakfast, Lidianna sat in her bed watching as Fandral and Volstagg brought in new prisoners for the cells. She eyed them all with slight judgment before leaning back into her bed. She began to think to herself about what could've happened to Jane Foster when she heard her father speak;

"Odin continues to bring Lidi and I new friends. How thoughtful."

Lidianna settled herself more into her bed, merely thinking he was talking to himself again, until she heard another voice;

"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" Queen Frigga asked.

Lidianna turned her back to the magical wall as she realized that her grandmother had visited again in her hologram form. She had done that often in the past week, trying to cheer Lidianna up or help Loki talk out his problems. Both never really worked but Lidianna appreciated the effort.

"Is that how I while away for eternity? Reading?"

"I've done everything in my power to make you and Lidianna comfortable."

"Have you? Does Odin share your concern? Does Thor? It must be so inconvenient, them asking after me day and night. They care for Lidi, but do we see them down here? No. Only that annoying toy of hers, whose not even here for me."

Lidianna felt a tense pain fill her chest as she gripped onto her bedsheets, not wanting to make a peep.

"You know full well that your actions brought you here."

"My actions? I was merely giving truth to the lie that I've been fed my entire life. That I was born to be a King."

"A king? A true king admits his faults. What of the lives you took on Earth? What of the things you manipulated Lidianna into doing?"

"She was merely doing what she was told—"

"Loki!" Frigga shouted as Lidianna slightly flinched, light tears covering her blue eyes. "Don't you see the pain you've caused your daughter! Your own blood, your family! You and Kaarina's daughter—"

Lidianna felt a shocked sob choke in her throat. Her mother was never a topic to be talked about, but even the Queen of Asgard did not care about such rules.