𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

❝ i stay up all night, tell myself i'm alright ❞

i stay up all night, tell myself i'm alright

≪•☽•≫
chapter twelve,
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

——— FREED FROM PRISON, Loki and Thor walked down a wide plaza lined with pillars, followed by Lidianna and Triston. And all three of them tried to tried to ignore Loki's gleeful smile. "This is so unlike you, brother," he said, "So clandestine. Letting my little daughter be in charge, too—"

Lidianna stared at the back of her father's head irritated. She held a hard pout, his fists clenching, that is until she felt someone take her hand.

She instantly looked up at Triston, finding a small smile for her, causing her eyes to light up in comfort. And as he intertwined their fingers together, gripping them hard, a reddened blush came over her as she thought about their time in the library together.

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?" Loki continued as Lidianna and Triston stared straight ahead again.

"If you keep speaking I just might," Thor said.

"Please... do not fight," Lidianna muttered.

"Fine, as you wish. I'm not even here," Loki said and Lidianna lightly smiled, feeling like everyone was right. That Loki did do whatever she asked of him.

That is until her smile dropped when green magic shimmered over Loki, and he shape-shifted into an Einherjar guard. "Is this better?" he asked.

"Better company," Lidianna murmured.

But when Loki glanced back to shoot her an annoyed look, Lidianna quickly pulled her hand from Triston's, pulling it behind her back. She stared at her father almost nervously but he didn't notice the two holding hands.

"Still, we could be less conspicuous," Loki told her before he changed back into his own form. But as they passed another pillar, green magic shimmered over Lidianna.

When they walked past, it was revealed Loki had transformed Lidianna into an eleven-year-old little girl, with shiny golden hair and glimmering dark blue eyes; Emma Stark.

"Mmm, Lidi, you look rather adorable," Loki said with a smirk, causing Lidianna to glance down at her small body, suddenly more annoyed.

"You have some nerve, Uncle," Triston said as Lidianna waved a hand over her body, transforming herself to her normal form, "You kidnapped Lady Stark."

"Yes, the irony," Loki murmured.

"It will hurt no less when I kill you in any form," Lidianna told her father and he rolled his eyes before snapping his fingers. Green magic shimmered over her body again and as it disappeared, new clothing appeared around Lidianna's body.