Chapter 2 - Growing Up

3rd Person P.O.V:

April 9, 1986

"Tag! You're it!" said 4 year old, Savannah Potter, as she zoomed past the giant hallway. Her 5 year old brother, Harry Potter, came chasing after her. "I'm going to get you!" said Harry, as he chased his little sister all around their 7 bedroom home in London. 

When he finally caught her, he playfully tackled her on the floor and started tickling her. "S-Stop! Harry!" squealed Savannah, giggling. Sirius Black and his wife, Nora Black, stood, watching their godchildren play.

 "Via! Harry! We have to go to the recital, come on!" said Sirius, as Savannah and Harry groaned. "Why can't we play for a little longer?" whined Savannah. "You can play after we come back, okay sweetheart?" said Nora, as she kissed Savannah's forehead. 

Fearing that Sirius would be sent back to Azkaban, Nora and Sirius settled down in the muggle world and got married. Nora went to medical school to be a nurse, and Sirius went to law school to be a lawyer. 

They didn't tell Savannah or Harry a single bit about the Wizarding World, because they believed that they were too young to understand, so they patiently waited until they got their letters from Hogwarts to explain everything. 

Nora and Sirius got their godchildren seated in their booster and car seats as Harry groaned. "Why do we have to go, Aunt Nora?" asked Harry. "Leanne is my best friend, and it's a very important show to her, so we are going" said Nora. 

When they arrived at the theater, Nora wished her best friend good luck and went to sit with Savannah, Harry and Sirius. The show started, as young Savannah's eyes were glued to the graceful dancer She thought that every leap and jump was astonishing, and out of the world. 

When the performance ended, she immediately turned to her Aunt Nora. "I want to be just like her" whispered Savannah. "Well, you'll have to go to Ballet classes then, will you put in the effort?" asked Nora. 

"I'll do anything to be like her" said Savannah, still amazed by the wonderful performer. "Then I'll do anything to get you there" said Nora, as she hugged her goddaughter. 

November 3, 1987:

"Aunt Nora?" asked an 6 year old, Savannah, as she went into their bedroom. "Yes Love?" asked Aunt Nora.

 "What are you doing?" asked Savannah. "I'm playing the piano" said Aunt Nora. "You can play piano?" asked Savannah, with astonished eyes. "Yeah, your Mum played the piano too, and she was really good" said Aunt Nora. 

"My Mum?" asked Savannah. "Yeah" said Aunt Nora.  "Why are you playing piano now?" asked Savannah. 

"I wanted to surprise your Uncle Sirius with a song, for his birthday" said Uncle Sirius. "You can make your own songs?" asked Savannah. "You can do anything" said Aunt Nora, booping Savannah's nose. 

"I want to make my own songs and play piano then too" said Savannah, proudly. "If you really want to, I can put you in voice and piano lessons" said Aunt Nora. "Yes, please" said Savannah. Aunt Nora smiled. 

September 1, 1991:

It was September 1, 1991. A few weeks ago, Harry had got his letter from Hogwarts, and naturally, he was confused. Nora and Sirius decided it was time to tell them the truth, and told Harry and Savannah about everything, even their parents deaths. They were scared and confused at first, but they eventually were happy and excited. 

10 year old Savannah Potter knocked on her older brother's door. "Come in" said Harry, as Savannah entered the room. 

Naturally, Harry and Savannah didn't get along that well.

At first, she joked about how she would finally be peaceful without Harry, but now, she was scared. She was scared that she would miss her brother. 

"Are you really going to leave?" asked Savannah, as her eyes swelled up with tears. "I don't want you to leave" said Savannah, as tears fell down her face. 

Harry walked over to Savannah and hugged her...for the first time in 3 years. "I'll be back before you know it, Anna" said Harry.

"I'm going to miss you, Harry" said Savannah. "Me too" said Harry. "Promise to write to me?" asked Savannah. "Every week" said Harry, grinning. 

Nora and Savannah were the only people who could drop Harry at Platform 9 3/4, because if anyone saw Sirius, it would be a disaster. "I love you Harry, have lots of fun, don't cause trouble, and study well, alright?" said Nora. "Yes, Aunt Nora" said Harry, as he nodded and got onto Hogwarts Express. 

December 26, 1991:

"I can't believe you did so well as Clara in the Nutcracker! I'm so proud of you!" said Nora. "You did so well, and with such a crowd, god you're talented" added Lynn, one of Nora's friends.

"Thank you so much!" exclaimed Savannah, smiling. "Well, there's nothing less you can expect from a 10 year old girl who got her pointe shoes a year ago" said Leanne.

Even though Nora had put Savannah in ballet classes, Leanne was always Savannah's coach. She would help take Savannah to the next level because she was always fascinated about how passionate Savannah was. 

Savannah's P.O.V:

August 12, 1992

"Anna! You won't believe this! You've got a letter!" said Harry, one morning, as he ran into my room. "Don't you know how to knock?" I asked, in an annoyed tone. 

"I'm quite aware I might have gotten a letter Harry, I have friends-" I said, rolling my eyes. "From Hogwarts" said Harry. "What!?" I shrieked, as I roughly grabbed the letter out of his hands.

 "Dear Ms. Potter, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" I read out. 

"I can't believe this! I'm going to be in Hogwarts!" I exclaimed. "You better not do anything to embarrass me" warned Harry. "Oh, we'll see" I said, giving him a sneaky grin. 

(A/N: I'm feeling pretty good about this chapter! Let me know how it was in the comments. Have the great rest of the day you deserve!)