Feelings~

The days had been growing longer and longer as the two began getting closer. They've been going for their daily runs and have been hanging out at each others residences.

But there's something else.

Something they haven't yet realized that they've been doing.

Catching feelings.

Eventually though, Muichiro would pick up on this discovery sooner than Genya would. And he absolutely hated it.

He's never liked somebody before, or even thought about getting in a relationship with someone. However, his mind couldn't run off Genya's charming smile, his toned figure, or his intoxicating eyes. He couldn't even deny the way Genya was always flirting with him. What goal was he trying to pull by doing that?

Whatever it was, Muichiro wanted nothing to do with it. He was tired of the love he's never had. And as he's learned before, new experiences cause only new problems.

There had to be some kind of way that he could stop these feelings from pursuing. He would ask Mitsuri and Shinobu for help of some sort. But he didn't really expect either of them to keep a secret. He thought about bribing them into keeping one, but later scratched off that idea.

He knew that time was ticking, and that Genya would be at his abode any minute now, prepared for their daily run. He'd have to go through another day of making an absolute fool out of himself as he usually did whenever his crush was around. He never knew how it started, but he could confirm it did when he tripped over one day, and Genya had caught him. It was just in that moment that his heart rate began to increase, and his cheeks slowly pursued temperature that he knew he had fallen for him hard. Literally.

But in all seriousness, he was not here for it. The closest person he could tell was his brother. And even he was not close enough. But he was better than reaching out to nobody at all.

DING DONG

"Fuck...," Muichiro mumbled in response to the chime of his doorbell.

He closed his mouth in astonishment of the potty word that had escaped. Hesitantly, he got up off of his office chair to meet the guest at his front door. He wasn't yet ready to see his face again, but he knew he would have to see him sooner or later.

Plus, what better way to push off feelings than spending more time with the one causing them? Hopefully, this time he uses to spend with Genya will make him think of him as more of a friend rather than anything else. That's what he wished.

But it can't be guaranteed it was granted.

Finally, he was at the door. He stared at the huge mahogany build in front of him, waiting to be opened. In the glass window from the side of the door, he could slightly discern the tall silhouette of Genya, waiting patiently. He inhaled a broad bucket of breath and let his hand do what it was known for doing best.

He opened the door.

. . . . .

"Oh. My. Goddd!"

Muichiro jolted to the sudden sound of his female friend practically screaming into his ears. He looked up to perceive a jovial Mitsuri jumping about-his face of both confusion and annoyance.

"What?" He asked impatiently, waiting for her excuse as to why she'd decided to startle him in the middle of his daydream.

"You like him, don't you?" She asked, rolling her eyebrows.

"Umm... what?"

"Nothing! I simply just took the time to notice that you've been scrolling through Genya's insta for about an hour or two."

Muichiro raised an eyebrow in confusion, slowly looking down to see his phone. There it was. Genya's Instagram had been plastered onto his screen, and he'd been looking at it for who knows how long.

His face grew a violent red from the sudden realization. He quickly shut off his phone and got out of his seat at the lunch table. But just before he could evanesce, a small hand stopped him by his shoulder.

"Oh no, you're not leaving until you explain that," Mitsuri demanded, removing her hand from the smaller one in order to cross her arms.

"Explain what? The fact that I wanted to check out my friends insta for fun?"

"And for two hours?" She added. "You snuck onto your phone during class to scroll through Genya's account. Then, you continued to take almost all of lunch time to proceed doing it? Down bad, huh?"

"That's not tru-,"

"I heard my name," A third voice popped in and said.

The two of them quickly turned around to see... The subject of the conversation, Genya.

"Ooh~," Mitsuri purred, looking at Muichiro with cat eyes.

"Hide me," Muichiro whispered, staring right at his crush who was now approaching him.

"Oh, there you are Muichiro," Genya greeted. "What were you two gossiping about me?" He asked.

Mitsuri nudged Muichiro with an elbow, encouraging whatever it was his response might've been.

"Stop it," He mumbled in return.

He turned back around to look at Genya and instantly swooned. He's never looked at him this way. In fact, he never really knew he existed until recently. How did he catch feelings just so easily? For somebody who's never caught feelings in his life, catching them within only a month of meeting said person was surprising.

But he just couldn't resist loving him. Neither did he think he could find a way to stop. He just had to try to hide it as best as he could. Which he didn't even find any point in doing, since Mitsuri might just expose him before he could accidentally out himself. Which he has done a surprising amount of times.

"We were... we were just talking about that amazing touchdown you made yesterday," He lied, gradually sucking his teeth.

Genya chuckled and asked, "What makes you think that I'm going to believe that?"

Instantly, Muichiro's heart stopped. If he was hearing things correctly, could Genya have been admitting to hearing everything partaking in his and Mitsuri's conversation? Did he already know? Or was Muichiro just stretching his imaginations and making only himself more stressed out? He was unprepared for whatever the answers to his questions might've been.

"I'm just kidding with you," Genya said with a nervous chuckle in response to the awkward sight, that being Muichiro. "Anyways, I was gonna ask if you wanted to walk around the track with me,"

"I'll leave you two alone," Mitsuri whispered before backing away slowly.

Muichiro rolled his eyes and nodded, although completely unprepared to be spending another day with the tall, handsome, and toned Genya.

Word Count: 1119