Chapter 16

The next morning, I wake up to the feeling of fingers tracing along my upper back. I don't want to open my eyes yet, so I decide to just quietly enjoy the moment.

It's Monday, so I know that I'll have to get up to go to work soon. I take a moment to try and figure out my surroundings. I think I'm hugging Lizzie's legs, but I'm not sure. All I know is that she's still tracing my back, which almost puts me back to sleep.

Knowing I don't have time for that, I groan and start waking myself up a bit. I crack my eyes open slightly to see that I am indeed hugging Lizzie around her legs as she's sitting up in the bed.

"Morning." She says in that low slightly raspy morning voice, which instantly puts a smile on my face. I put my chin on her bare thigh and look up at her.

"Good morning, beautiful" I say in an equally low and raspy voice. I look at what she's wearing. "I see you've stolen one of my shirts."

"Yeah, I felt a little too naked for just sitting around here." She says as she looks at me. Her eyes seem a lot lighter in the morning light.

"I didn't realize you have a tattoo on your back." She comments as she continues to trace it.

"Oh right. I got it a few years ago. Sometimes I forget it's even there."

"Did it hurt?"

"Not really. Only one time when we were an hour into the session when she started shading right on my spine. That wasn't as fun, but it was worth it." Her face grimaces slightly, making me chuckle.

"Does it have a specific meaning?"

"It has two parts, a unalome, which is the linework at the bottom, and then the lotus at the top. A unalome symbolises the path we take in a lifetime, with challenges along the way that hopefully lead to a sense of enlightenment. The lotus is a flower that grows in muddy swamps, and becomes this beautiful flower that symbolises spiritual awakening and rebirth."

"That's beautiful. How did you come up with the idea?"

I chuckle to myself. "Pinterest. I just looked for meaningful symbols and that's how I found the unalome. A lotus just fit nicely with it and the tattoo artist put them together in a design."

"And here I was thinking you thought of this all by yourself." She says while laughing.

"Hate to disappoint you, but I'm a Pinterest girl." I confess.

"Ouch, I might have to end it here then. Not sure I can handle a Pinterest girl."

My head shoots up and I point my finger at her. "Don't you dare, Olsen."

"It's difficult to take you seriously when you're naked." She says matter-of-factly. 

Oh right.

I look down at my naked torso and huff. "Fine, me and my naked body will leave you alone then." I say as I get up and walk towards the bathroom, knowing damn well Lizzie is staring at my ass.

I close the door behind me and turn the shower on. While waiting for the water to heat up, I brush my teeth, grab a towel and hang up my bathrobe. Once the water is hot, I walk inside the cabin and let the water hit my back.

I just finished washing my hair when I hear the door of the bathroom opening. I can't help but smirk, because I knew she couldn't help herself. I continue cleaning myself until I hear the cabin door opening and see a very naked Lizzie stepping inside.

"Missed me that much, huh?" I tease her with a goofy grin. She rolls her eyes at me. "Make some room so I can get under the water too."

I make an exaggerated gesture to show her she may step underneath the water. I'm fully cleaned up at this point, so I decide to watch her as she washes her hair.