Chapter 14

Apparently, there's a lot of Marvel fans in Boston. And Jessica did a great job promoting the event on social media.

There's probably around 50 people crammed throughout the café. I would have been glad if it was just 10 people, but this is wild. I had to call Ben to ask if he wanted to help us out tonight. It's a good thing he was glad to join.

We made sure the place is set up so we'd have groups of six. Why? Well, according to Jessica, the winners could then perfectly divide some kind of stones amongst themselves. Yes, stones are the prize she chose for this quiz. Don't ask me why.

She also decorated the place in Marvel-themed items, like little flags along the bookcases. Truthfully, she managed to make the place look really fun.

Once everyone is seated and has drinks and snacks, I walk up to the middle of the room to open the pub quiz. I shake away my nerves and begin the intro.

"Good evening, everybody!" Everyone slowly turns their heads towards me as the chattering dampens.

"Are you all ready for a night dedicated to Marvel?" They all cheer loudly. "And are you ready to test your knowledge of the MCU?" Once more, the crowd cheers.

"Good, because tonight we're going to determine which group has the most Marvel knowledge and will win exact replicas of the infinity stones!"

Don't ask me what I just said. I simply rehearsed some lines Jessica gave me.

The group is very excited, so I quickly introduce Jessica as our quiz master. I take a seat all the way in the back and pay attention to the questions.

After a couple of questions, I feel someone nudge my arm. I look to the left and see a teenage girl. "Hi, can I help you?" I ask her.

"Yeah, do you know the name of the last infinity stone? We have five now, but none of us can remember the sixth." She asks.

Damn it. "Which ones do you have right now?"

She takes a look at the answer on their piece of paper. "Space, Power, Soul, Mind and Time."

I nod along, pretending I'm understanding any of them. "Sadly, I can't help you since I'm the host." I try. She leans closer to me with a suspicious look on her face.

"You don't know either, do you?" She challenges. I scoff in response.

"Of course I do."

"Nahhh, you don't know. If you did, you would tell us."

"That's not really how it works, kid." I explain to her.

"Fine" she says while leaning back. "Can you then maybe explain to us what the infinity stones are? Maybe that will help us."

This kid really is trying to expose me. "So you know the names of most of the stones, but not what they are? Seems pretty odd to me." I tell her.

"I'm just seeing if you're on the same page as the rest of us." She says with a cheeky grin. "You can sit with us for the rest of the quiz, though."

I nod and join them at their table. "I'm just observing, though, so don't ask me any questions." I warn her.

"Sounds good. I'm Alicea by the way." She says while holding her hand out to me.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Willow." I say shaking her hand. "I know." She responds before focusing back on the questions. The rest of the group instinctively follows and introduce themselves.

Everyone at this table knows a lot about Marvel. They know almost every question. I have no clue what half of the things they're talking about are, but I'm trying to remember most of it.