Chapter 54

Time has flown by since my studio session with Dove. I spent all day yesterday rehearsing all the songs and basically engraving the lyrics into my brain.

The anxiety and fear of messing up really motivated me to keep singing the songs over and over again.

I'm sure Lizzie got concerned for my well-being at some point. She made sure that I ate and drank enough water throughout the day since my mind was not focused on that at all.

I'd be sitting in the office and she'll walk in with a tray full of food. She's such a supportive partner. I can't thank her enough for that.

I'm currently busy packing all my stuff in the car and making sure Lizzie is ready to go. She can take a while to get ready, especially for a night like tonight when we're going out.

Being the overprepared person that I am, I already got ready over an hour ago just to make sure I was leaving on time. I wouldn't want to keep Dove waiting at the venue.

I close the door to the trunk of my car and see Lizzie closing the front door behind her. We made sure to get a dog sitter for Sparky since we'd be out for quite a few hours.

"Ready to go?" I ask Lizzie as she walks up to me. She gives me a kiss on the lips and smiles. "Yep. Let's go."

We get in the car and start driving toward Inglewood, where the venue is located. Along the way, we listen to the songs in my setlist while humming along. Lizzie has basically heard me sing the songs so many times that she can sing along at this point.

"Are you nervous?" She asks, clearly noticing my fidgeting fingers on the steering wheel.

I nod my head, keeping my eyes trained on the road. "The show at our café was one thing, but singing alone in front of thousands of people is a whole different ball game."

She places her hand on my knee, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You'll knock them all off of their feet with your performance. I'm sure of it. You've worked so hard to prepare for this, that I know it will go well. And if you notice you get nervous, just look for me in the audience. Focus on the music and not on how many people are standing and sitting in front of you."

My fingers stop fidgeting with the leather of my steering wheel and I give her a grateful smile. "Thank you, love. You always know how to calm me down." I grab her hand and pull it up to my lips to place a kiss on the back of it.

After a long drive thanks to LA traffic, we finally arrive at the venue. The Kia Forum is a pretty iconic building in California, so I take a second to marvel at the building before driving to the artist's entrance.

Lizzie and I walk hand-in-hand towards the door and identify ourselves to the security guards. They let us in and lead us towards a room where Dove should be waiting for us.

During the walk, Lizzie and I look around us. Neither of us has ever been behind the scenes of a concert before, so we're soaking up every second of it.

The door opens and I immediately spot the brunette sitting in a comfortable leather chair. She looks up and smiles when she sees us. "Willow!" She says as she gets out of the chair.

We hug briefly before I introduce her to Lizzie. "I'm a big fan," Dove says, making Lizzie smile widely. "Thank you, I'm a fan of your work as well." She tells Dove sincerely.

Dove's face lights up at Lizzie's words before she turns to me. "Are you ready for this? We should be ready for rehearsals soon." She checks.

"Yeah, but I do need tips for how all of this works. I've only performed once before and it definitely wasn't like this." I say while pointing around me.