Chapter Three: Calvary at des Champs

To say that Barbie and Ken were having the time of their lives would be an understatement...

The stress was gone... the anxiety was gone... the worries and doubts and nerves of any upcoming and impending deadline or event or requirement for whatever was going on in their lives were gone.

It was just the two of them... Barbie and Ken... in Paris!

They arrived late Thursday night, only getting to partake in a small bit of nightlife with the quaint Parisian café.

However, Friday and Saturday proved to be a bit more eventful.

After a late start due to the time difference, the Louvre tour plus the Seine River tour to the island of Île de la Cité to visit La Conciergerie, the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, among other sights, took up their entire Friday. Barbie loved the Berthillion and all its ice cream choices... Ken enjoyed taking a few moments with his girlfriend to lay in the grass at the Square du Vert Galant.

However, there was one worrisome moment where Ken's truest intentions were nearly blown as they walked through the metal detector into the Louvre, and he had to empty his pockets. Thankfully, Barbie had meandered away from him at that exact moment and didn't get to see what caused the alarm to sound.

When they were finished with dinner, they gratefully welcomed cuddling in their bed at the end of the night to fully recharge for the next day, hoping the jet lag wasn't too long-lasting.

Saturday was rather laid back compared to the whirlwind of the day prior, despite its many activities, as well. The Avenue des Champs-Élysées was invigorating, eye-opening, and entertaining as well as informative.

The day came and went, sights were seen, experiences were had, and now was the time for the third night to culminate.

Barbie and Ken had just left a theatrical performance at the Théâtre du Rond-Point to see a live showing of Harvey, a show about a man and his imaginary human-sized white rabbit.

They were now walking down the street, hand in hand, laughing and joking, not a care in the world.

Until there was a care...

As they were walking near one of the shops, Barbie saw something a bit more peculiar. Something that resembled the event she witnessed the other night sitting outside at the café.

There were three girls of varying ethnicities.

One girl was shorter than most, perhaps 5', with long dark brown curly hair pulled into a low ponytail. She had tanned skin underneath her dark red top and shimmery black leggings.

Another girl had long straight black hair, flowing down near her shoulder blades. Her pale white skin contrasted the black long-sleeve crop top and vibrant pink skirt that barely crested mid-thigh. Her pink stilettos made her petite frame even taller.

The third female was very different than the others in appearance and height. Her tall stature rose at least another eight inches above the other two, even further if you included her wild and messy strawberry blonde curls. Her bright green sheer dress hung low, revealing much more than what was considered appropriate in the theater from which the two Americans just exited.

Barbie watched them intently, studying and observing their actions.

They were shifting nervously on their feet, alternating between hugging their stomach and strutting with their chests puffed out as if they were trying to put on a show, timid yet brazen.

"Huh..."

"What's that?", Ken asked her, redirecting his attention to his girlfriend.

Barbie realized she had expressed her confusion out loud. She stopped walking, pulling him back with her. She blinked and then frowned, gesturing subtly towards the spectacle on the other side of the street.