Chapter Nine: Escapes and Rescues

"Alright, you both need to listen carefully", Melina began, whispering in urgent hushed tones.

Stacie, Ken, and Melina were crouched low, somehow secretly making it back into the facility without being spotted. Right now, their current location of concealment was behind a car in the underground garage. The garage full of expensive luxury vehicles that were very obviously valeted for the high-end buyers who consistently showed up for bidding.

"There are five total floors... The basement where the women are held before they're taken upstairs by Carlos to be bid on, the main floor where the women are showcased and the men make their deals, and three additional floors upstairs that are filled with rooms where the women are kept by men after they are bought"

"Whoa... wait... where the women are... kept?", Stacie whispered. Melina frowned and nodded. Ken gulped hard, closing his eyes, knowing exactly what she was referring to...

Where they were used.

A silence filled the air... a still and unsettling silence, unnerved by the harsh reality of what was really going on besides the killing of the men. Stacie understood the gravity of the situation before, but going into these rooms was a whole other story.

Thank goodness Ken was the one that got me out...

"Now, we need to be careful... Everyone is on the look out for us", the brunette spy from EU7. Ken grimaced and shrugged, commenting with a dry air of indifference.

"Yeah, I may owe them $10 million dollars, too..."

"Aw, big guy... I didn't know I was worth that much to ya", Stacie winked, teasing the man as she nudged his shoulder. Ken swallowed the lump in his throat at the sight of her on that pedestal... He sighed and lowered his head at the seriousness of the situation.

"You're priceless, Stace... don't you forget that", he whispered, not in the mood for joking. Sobering up as well, Stacie smiled softly up at him, appreciative for all his love. Ken Carson truly was the big brother she never had.

"I'll take the top floor... Stacie, you take the middle floor, and Ken you take the one below. We can get in through one of the vents in the garage here that leads to a system of dumbwaiters. They can take us up. The good thing about the dumbwaiters is that the men here don't know they exist"

"They don't?" Stacie asked, quirking an eyebrow. Melina smiled and shook her head.

"This building was built as a hotel for royalty during World War I... After the many wars over the years, it fell out of use. Later it was confiscated illegally by men such as Johan Schwartz. He's just the latest in the line of high-end traffickers who make their way through the Union", she then pointed to the wall that held an opening with a panel... the dumbwaiter. "You see that? We can sneak in and quietly move from floor to floor"

"But... question", Ken pointed out, seeing a slight flaw in the solution, "How exactly are we going to get all these girls out through that pulley system? You said are five floors total... If even three of them are full of rooms with girls, let's assume there's at least two dozen rooms on each floor, right?"

Melina nodded, "Right"

"Sooooo...", Ken began again, studying the ceiling and pointing out the obvious, "That's a lot of people"

Stacie 'hmmed' to herself, deep in thought as she studied the dumbwaiter system to the far right... then glancing around the expanse of the garage, she smirked as she had an idea. Lifting a finger to the air, she put forth her plan.

"What if we get a rope system the whole way down the chute? Maybe we can rig up the dumbwaiter like a slide with a rope? Each girl gets out of the room and to the opening, then shimmies down the rope. Once we get the dumbwaiter the whole way to the top, Melina you can tie up a rope on your floor. Each girl from each floor can then slide down the rope into the garage here. They can hide away in the cars or make a dash for it out the garage door"