o. | pogues for life

Life was always something so funny for Elena, you get to live it, enjoy it, make chaos with it, and with the blink of an eye, it was gone, just, like that

Life was always something so funny for Elena, you get to live it, enjoy it, make chaos with it, and with the blink of an eye, it was gone, just, like that. The four friends stood in front of the tree behind John B's house, Pope started hitting it with the machete, shards of wood fell off showing clear spaces of the tree. JJ heated his crowbar, staining it against the wood, marking up the name of John B, his year of birth, and the year he was now gone, and at the end, P4L.

"To John B." JJ sadly said, raising the metal flask.

"And to Sarah." Kiara added, her voice breaking just a little bit, and in her hands, she carried a small box with memories of them all.

Pope and JJ took a drink in their name, they all couldn't believe this, their friends were gone, and now they were burying the little memories. Elena handed Kie two small white daisies, the flowers rested above the box and were covered with the heavy dirt. The evening turned to night, none of the Pogues left John B's house, they even stayed the night, how could they leave at a time like this, going back to their "normal" lives, pretend to everyone else that it never happened, accept that their friends were gone. They just couldn't.

But normal had to come sooner or later, Pogues couldn't just bury themselves in their sorrow, little by little as time passed, each of them had to come out of their safety shell, Pope got busy doing school work and finding ways to get a scholarship, Kie had decided to hit the water to relax, and get high, JJ well being JJ he did crazy stuff, getting drunk, high, and getting tattoos. As for Elena, she stayed home, painting, cooking, and learning how to surf.

The Herrera's had too much going on, after the loss of Veronica, they didn't know how to move on the day after the funeral, that was until a bright early Tuesday, when Ernesto Herrera decided to put an end to his sorrow and help his family out, seeking out the only job he knew would make him happy, with help of Kie's father, Ernesto started a auxiliary cook at The Wreck.

Melissa grew her bonding with the Pogues as she started hanging out more with Kiara, and occasionally with Pope, but it then stopped when the younger sibling found out that Pope and Kiara were in the works of "dating". July turned into August and school was coming closer, going back terrified Elena, not seeing John B with them was wild, and when people talked about the lies of him being a murderer, well it pained her, but she had things to do before that, and one of them was work, she kept going to Figure Eight, working as hostess of a very wealthy Kook club, the same club JJ worked at.

Their shifts started during the evening and finished late night, sometimes too late that they would just get home, sleep for three hours and the sun would be peeking out at the horizon. Those were the nights Kooks have decided to go crazy with their parties and couldn't say no to the extra hours. Wednesday's usually a quiet evening for Elena and JJ, and today was that day, just a peaceful evening where both laid on Elena's bed, regaining energy from the night before and extra shift, peacefully, until Elena opened her eyes and saw the time on her phone, that is when she noticed how late it had gotten.