Chapter 5 - Book Lovers

( Roxan's POV )

I miss Diana Louelle Devilla. I do not miss Soren Lee.

Whatever I said kanina, I did not mean it. I have no idea why I even thought about that. Napapansin ko lang sa sarili ko na "nababaliw" na ako dahil lang sa isang lalaki na hindi ko naman ka-close... and I have been brainstorming why I keep on thinking about him - he who, at first look, does not pass the 'dream boy' category. Well, yeah, I admit that that was mean of me to say so let me rephrase that; he does not pass my 'dream boy' category. Siguro naman he's made for someone else... I'm sure he's perfect for someone else.

I just think of him too much because my mind went crappy when I got in this university. I grumbled to myself as I walked hurriedly out of the HRTM building to wait for Di's dismissal so we can eat lunch together. Now... saan naman ako tatambay?

It's only 10:37am and 12:00nn ang labas nina Di. I hope maagap sila i-dismiss ng kanilang mga professor kahit ngayon lang. Pero I need to acknowledge how brave Diana is for persuing such a course. Puro lalaki sa Engineering and I think a lot of people think that only men can pursue that kind of course. I decided to just walk around the campus, not minding the whispers from other stundents I passed, and stumbled upon that beautiful university garden. As expected, it was cool and breezy. Technically, it's still "summer" here in the Philippines (init o ulan lang naman kasi ang pagpipilian) but this garden is just like paradise. I'm kind of disappointed that there are quite a lot of students loitering there as well, but I really can't blame them because this is such a nice place.

I fished my handkerchief out of my pocket, laid it on the ground and sat on it. I'm under a big, shady tree right now and it's as if I'm somewhere serene. I can actually hear chatters but I felt myself relax and lean against the trunk of the tree. I checked my wrist watch and closed my eyes after realizing that I needed to wait a couple of hours more.

Good thing I brought a book with me. I sighed in relief as I found a way to kill my boredom - a book given to me by my older brother as a graduation gift that I haven't read. I guess it's better late than never, huh?

The book is relatively thick compared to a lot of books she read and it was quite heavy to carry in her shoulder bag since it's hardbound. It has a plain white cover with the title and the author of the book on its spine. It's actually a very intriguing book, at first it kind of looks like a bore because of the very plain cover but when I started reading it - I got hooked almost instantly. This was originally written in Japanese and it was just translated for people all around the world to be stupefied of this work.

Medyo bumibilis ang pagbasa ko dahil sa excitement. The main character seems to be such an independent woman, really. Hindi ko na namalayan ang oras at halos 50 pages na ang nabasa ko in the span of one hour. Napatigil lang ako sa pagbasa because my peripheral caught sight of a pair of legs in front of me and I looked up to see Soren gazing down... not at me, but at the book that I was reading and he looks interested. He doesn't look like a guy who likes to read novels, though. I feel like he's a very technical guy who only likes to study Science, Math and other brain-cell-killing subjects. Besides, I don't really know a lot of guys who like to read novels... only my older brother and my father... or maybe because I don't really know a lot of men.

"Maganda 'yan." I almost didn't hear what he said, "Ngayon mo lang binabasa o binabasa mo ba siya ulit?"