Support

The next day, Marinette decided to see Adrien's body at the hospital this morning. She brought a get-well card and flowers to support him, even though his spirit is next to her. She had to act normal so everyone won't think she's crazy talking to an imaginary friend. No one but her can see him.

"What the? My hand is tingling. Who's touching me?" Adrien said and went through the door to see Chloe touching his hand.

"Oh, Adrikins. Please come back to us soon" She pulled her dramatic act.

Adrien flinched at that Chloe still into him, "Please get her away from my body" He begged Marinette.

"Okay, Chloe. I think Adrien needs his rest" Marinette said politely but Chloe being a brat, she never likes being nice.

"Get lost, baker! My Adrikins needs real love, not some clumsy girl that can barely talk to him!" Chloe said.

"I just came to leave these to him," Marinette said.

"Pathetic flowers! Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!" Chloe takes her leave.

"She's never gonna change that attitude" Adrien groans.

Marinette placed the flowers on the vase by the window. She looks at his body, scared that he's trying hard to wake up. Rare patients have been in a coma for a long time. She caressed his face gently, with Adrien watching and feeling it on his ghost face.

"At least my body is not a zombie," Adrien said.

"All this is that monster's fault," Marinette said.

"And my father sending my bodyguard instead of himself," Adrien said.

"That's really irresponsible," Marinette said.

"If only my mother was alive to comfort me" Adrien sighed, reading the cards.

"I wish I could have met her," Marinette said.

"She was nothing like my cold father," Adrien said.

"Do you want me to hold the cards for you to see?" Marinette asked.

"Sure," Adrien said.

Marinette opens the one from Nino and Adrien read what his best friend wrote, "Get well soon, Dude. Ladybug would be so grateful you saved her, Nino. Thanks, Nino" Adrien smiled.

Marinette opened the next one from Alya, "Adrien, I can't believe you pulled that heroic act in saving Ladybug. It scared us but we hope you'll recover soon. Alya" Marinette read it.

"Thanks, Alya," Adrien said.

Then another card from Kitty Section, "Adrien, it was really brave of you to save our Ladybug hero and we hope you'll get well from the coma. We miss you all very much. The Kitty Section" Marinette read it.

Adrien read through the card too, "All our friends are missing me"

"All of us are, except your father," Marinette said and showed her card to him from her parents and herself.

"Yeah" Adrien sighed.

"Care to read up for me, Marinette? Like what do you and your parents have to say?" Adrien wondered.

"Well here goes nothing" Marinette clears her throat, "Adrien, you're one of the best boys I've ever known since I've started school with you and I know I misjudged you for the gum that day but I know you mean well. You always stood up for someone in sticky situations. Dearest Marinette" Marinette began reading, "And you're one of our best customers in our bakery Adrien, and a good friend to our daughter Marinette. Tom and Sabine"

"Your parents are very caring," Adrien said.

"Yeah, they are. I'm just glad there's none from Lila" Marinette checked the cards.

"I don't want her to touch my body again," Adrien said.

"Neither should Chloe," Marinette said.

"All that snotty and selfish," Adrien said.

"But you are very different, Marinette" He reached for her hand.

"Define different" Marinette's hand went through his.

"You're very sweet and kind," Adrien said.

"Thanks, Adrien. It's so strange that I haven't stuttered" Marinette said.

"Yeah or being clumsy," Adrien said.

The doctor came into the room, "Ah, you're so sweet to read the cards for him"

"Yeah, I really miss him awake" Marinette sat near Adrien's body.

"He's probably hearing you now. He's such a handsome boy and you seem to be a match for him" The doctor said.

"Agh! Well....we are just....friends" Marinette stuttered.

"I see. Well, his vitals are still recovering" The doctor said.

Marinette looks at his body, "It's like his spirit is around here, waiting for love to heal him"

Adrien just looks at Marinette saying those words. It was very sweet of her to say.

"Indeed. But for now, he needs rest and who knows how long he'll wake up, dear. 5 minutes until visiting hours is over" The doctor said.

"Okay. Adrien, I'll be back for you the next day" Marinette talked to Adrien.

Little the doctor knew that the ghost of Adrien was just behind Marinette as she talked to him on the bed.

"Let's go home Marinette" Adrien whispered to her.

-

At the bakery, Adrien was trying hard to use his ghost energy to grab an object physically.

"Try to grab this" Marinette placed out a macaroon.

"Man, I wish I could eat those" Adrien said and tries again.

"Keep trying," Marinette said.

Adrien concentrated as hard as he could reaching for the macaroon. Trying to focus his ghost energy to hold the macaroon physically.

"Come on Adrien, you can do it" Marinette urged him.

He strained on all his energy until he finally, the macaroon didn't go through his hand, "I did it! I finally did it!" He got excited.

He tried to eat it but it went right through him, "I can't eat either!" He got frustrated.

"Oh boy" Marinette shook her head.

"At least I figured out how to physically hold objects in my ghost hand," Adrien said.

"Yeah you did," Marinette said.