ch8

One week has passed by the two assassins. David had taught his vampiric associate a large spectrum of techniques and abilities the void could offer.

They've trained nonstop for the week and even now they're going at it in the morning around the castle town hopping from one roof to another exchanging strikes and blades as they fought.

For the early morning passerby's all they could see were the sparks of the colliding blades but without the sight of it's figures wielding them.

But within that battle of the night Karin had grown ever stronger reaching a level of 17 and David a level 24.

David pov

Our blades collide for the nth time tonight our grips on our weapons never wavering as Karin's training is nearing its end for the night.

The movement of the vampire had increased greatly to the point where I myself had a slight difficulty in parrying and countering.

Karin leave from the rooftop and blinks to my side with an already moving blade, my eyes adjust to the blades glimmer and subtly block before sending a powerful roundhouse to the assassins chest sending her off course and off the building.

She recovers and fareaches to the building adjacent to me and stares at me with her crimson eyes.

"Again."

I say with a sterness eveidnet in my voice. Karin nods as she leaps towards me firing multiple bolts towards me. I deflect each shot before blinking backwards to meet with Karin once again in a blade lock.

Karin: t-t-this is hard. I-i-i can't win.

"Push yourself, the training doesnt until you hit me!!!"

I growl before sending a full force windblast launching her off the roof and towards the ground, before impact she blinks to a lampost above.

With heavy breathing evident she gently takes a seat on the lampost defeated.

A sigh escapes my lips as I blink next to her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?"

Karin: it's hard... no matter what I try you always seem to see through it, its... demeaning I guess.

I look to and gently rub her shoulder affectionately. I take a seat next to her and started talking.

"I was where you were once upon a time. When two assassins lock blades it's no longer a battle so to speak, bit think of it as a form of art."

Karin looks to me with furrowed brows questioning my analogy.

Karin: how... can it be compared to art?

I handed her my blade and traced the many dents on its tang pointing out the many battles it had seen.

"Each move an assassin makes is calculated to a fine point, but also when thing go south the assassin must find a way to improvise on the fly."

Karin: but... how?

"Don't think, let you're instincts as an assassin run wild. Think of nothing and only do, by then a pattern will form with you're opponent. That pattern is the key."

Karin brought her hands to her head and shuffled her hair in frustration.

Karin: but... that doesnt make sense to me, how can I not think and yet fight in a battle? Much less win in one.

My face formed an expression of moderate disappointment.

Perhaps... they could help... the assassins of old... Daud, Billie, corvo and lastly Emily.