ch11

The sounds of footsteps and twigs snapping under our feet as we ran across the forested areas of melromarc, me and Karin had been blinking, far reaching and sprinting through for almost half a day at high speed. We waited for nothing to stop us, our goal was to meet up with the whaler I summoned half a day prior.

Night was almost upon us and the sun was already beginning to set with the moon just above the horizon. Lute village was just ahead of us with the objective market indicating another 200 or so meters.

Our sprints soon became a light jog before we blinked to a halt, Karin stops a moment behind me. She turns to me with a confused look.

Karin: why'd we stop?

I look to her and silently gestured behind her, she turns around to see a whaler behind her ready to give information he had collected.

Karin: woah.... where did he-

I pat karins shoulder before walking up to the whaler with my eyes narrowing under my mask. The whaler kneels and spoke lightly.

Whaler: hello sir, I've gathered the information you've requested, a carriage holding 5 slaves are moving out of lute as we speak. The slaves are all demi human in origin, 3 hold feline characteristics while the other 2 hold fox attributes.

"Good, how many guards are protecting the carriage?"

I congratulated the whaler before getting into the next question, I needed every bit of information before we got the mission started. I needed everything ready.

The whaler nodded his head and spoke softly.

Whaler: theres a total of 9 guards, 3 of which are longbowmen and the rest are swordsmen. What will you do?

I grin under my mask and reveal the muskets, I could hear the whaler audibly chuckle to himself. I could tell he was smiling underneath that mask of his.

Whaler: good choice sir, I'm sure the mission will succeed.

I nodded my head and turned to Karin before beginning to give her a quick lesson on how the musket worked. Going through the unloading to the cleaning to the firing, I quickly taught her how to use the musket effectively.

But the only question she had was.

Karin: wait I still haven't used it before, what am I supposed to do?

I chuckle a bit before the summoned whaler answered her question.

Whaler: you aim and shoot, gotta stay out of sight though. If you get spotted games up.

I nodded my head agreeing with the whaler. I placed a hand to her head and lightly pet her hair.

"We gotta get moving, I'm sure you'll do well."

Karin hummed softly and looked at the musket she held in her hands before she herself nodded her head.

Karin: right, let do it.

We turned to the whaler who looked back to us. I grinned and gripped my hand allowing the void to envelop me.
A second passes and 3 whalers manifested beside us. "Alright, we have 20 minutes to defeat the enemy before my powers are drained. Lead the way kid."

The whales I had previously summoned hummed in glee as the other whalers unsheathed their blades as the kid led us to the forests edge before pointing to the distance. A carriage was being pulled by a filoial followed by the slow moving escort of 9 guards, the 3 longbowmen included.

"Alrighty then, Karin, you ready?"

She nodded her head and lifted her musket and aimed it with me doing the same. However another memory came up to mind when Karin began to lightly shiver, something I had seen in the past