Healed Forever?

ALEX'S POV.

I opened my eyes slowly. Suddenly a beeping stopped. I sat up immediately. Was the beeping Samantha. No. It was me.

My heart has stopped. I had experienced death and survived.

Doctors rushed over when they found me awake. They told me my heart had been damaged in the car wreck and it was about to...to....Well I didn't even want to think about that. The only thing I knew was that I needed a heart transplant, but I didn't think it was that serious.

Samantha stood in the corner of my room. Okay, I'll admit it I like her. Her long, blond hair was messed up and in a messy bun, but she still looked beautiful. I wouldn't even describe what I felt for her as a crush. It was so much more than that. So much more than love.

Her eyes were red and puffy. I wouldn't think she would cry over me. Would she?

She gave me a funny look. I realized I was staring and turned away.

A doctor came up to her and her eyes got wide from what he said. She almost fought back, but she stopped and a tear slid down her cheek.

They then came over to me and one said, "We're ready."
I saw a tear slide down C's cheek but also a look of mischief in her eyes.

My dad stood there being as brave as a soldier. I could tell he was scared. So was I.

I looked over half expecting Samantha to be there, but she wasn't.

It was time for me to get a new heart. If I didn't die first.