Chapter 1

*Picture of Malcolm and Shay above*

"Shay!" my room mate Tasha yelled.

"What is with all this yelling girl?" I asked, rubbing my eyes after my deep sleep.

"Girl you are about to miss your track practice again!"

"shit." I jumped out of bed
scrambling around trying to find some practice clothes. This would be my third time being late to practice and that would mean I had to run 30 bleachers up and down, which i definitely did not plan on doing. After getting dressed I glanced at the clock.

"5:50" I mumbled to myself. I had ten minutes to get to practice. I ran out the room locking the door behind me. I walked out to my car and threw my Nike bag in the passenger seat. I grabbed my keys out and began to start my car with no luck. I tried several more times before I looked at the clock, 5:55. I thought about running to practice but the run is a ten minute run and a five minute drive. I saw a guy walking across the parking lot so I ran out of my car and ran to him.

"Hey excuse me?" I asked him. He turned around looking like he just finished a work out himself. his arms were glistening with sweat and his 8 pack was showing through his tank top, and the basketball shorts he was wearing showed the print of his.. focus girl! I thought.

"Yeah, wassup?" he asked staring down at me.

"My car won't start and I have 5 minutes to get to practice and my coach, coach Bradford.." I was about to continue to ramble on until he cut me off.

"No need to finish, aha I know how Coach Bradford is. Hop in my car, I'll get you there in time ma." I walked behind him following him to his white BMW. He opened the passenger door for me. I got in as he walked around to the other side. He started his car as faneto by Chief Keef blasted through the speakers. I jumped at the noise as he turned it down.

"Haha my bad, you good?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm good" I answered.

We pulled up to the track a few seconds later after speeding through the streets. I still had three minutes left as I stepped out the car.

"Thanks so much!" I said.

"Wait, can I get your name?"

" Oh yeah haha I'm Shay Jackson" I held out my hand for him to shake.

"I'm Malcolm. What is this a business meeting? he slapped my hand away and pulled me in for a hug. I inhaled his cologne. This man is blessed I thought.

"Bye Shay" he smirked getting back in his car.

"Bye Malcolm" I replied smiling.

I ran down to the field to stretch with my girls.

"Girl how tall was he?" my best friend Jessica asked. Jessica has been my best friend since middle school she had light skin, deep dimples and dark brown hair that hung below her shoulders.

" And did he look like he had Money?" Shonice asked. I met Shonice my senior year in highschool. She was lightskin with shoulder length hair and a slim body.

"girl you a mess! and he looked about 6'2." I answered both of them.

After practice I rode with Shonice and Jessica to Tropical Smoothie. Getting out the car, we walked in a placed our orders. We sat down at a booth as I scrolled down my instagram timeline.

"We have to talk to coach about stopping these Friday practices." I said

"Yeah I'm not trying to spend part of my Friday at the track." Jessica replied.

"What did you say his name was?" Shonice asked looking at me

"Who?" I asked.

"Um Mr. Dream guy girl duh!' she yelled

"Girl simmer down his name is Malcolm"

"Oh! That's Trey's friend! They hang out all the time together." Trey was Shonice older brother.

"Forreal?" me and Jessica said at the same time.

"Yeah they're probably going to mama's house later for a late dinner. ya'll want to come?" Shonice asked.

"sure" I said.

"Girl I wouldn't pass up seeing Trey any day." Jessica said. Jessica has had a crush on Trey since high school.

"I'm gonna need you to get your life." Shonice said.

Jessica laughed and stood up "Lets go ahead and head out so we can get ready for dinner later."

"Yeah you right. Shay I'll pick you up around 9 since your car isn't working." Jessica said.

"Okay I'll meet you outside my dorm building then."

I walked in my dorm room going straight to the shower. After a 30 minute shower I walked to my closet. I pulled out a pair of boyfriend jeans, a white off the shoulder top and some gold accessories. I set them on my bed and began to lotion my body.

I got dressed and grabbed my brown and gold sandals and slipped them on. I walked to the mirror and began to style my curly hair. I put half up and left the rest hanging down my back. I heard my phone buzzing on the counter indicating I had a call. I saw it was Jessica.

"I'm coming down now" I said into the phone.

"Okay." Jessica replied and hung up.

I grabbed my makeup bag, I'll just have to do my makeup in the car.

"hopefully this dinner goes well" I mumbled to myself shutting the lights and closing the door.