Chapter 9

After lunch with Kris, I headed over to my dorm to get my practice clothes for track. I walked in the room to see Tasha laying on her bed watching something on TV. I was tired of this little beef we had going these days, she's my roommate so I have to deal with her for the rest of the school nyear, but she's also my friend so I want to end this little war going on.

"Hey."I spoke.

"Hey Shay." she replied

"Look, I don't want to argue with you anymore, we're not only roommates but we're friends too Tash."

"You're right girl, let's drop this whole thing. Malcolm was my past and we both moved on, so I'm over  it."

"Great, but I have practice so I'll see you later tonight."

"Okay."  she responded.

I walked to my closet and grabbed my pink Nike bag. Reaching in the drawer I grabbed a sports bra, black spandex, and one of the many LSU t-shirts I have. My shoes were in my car so I'll put those in the bag later. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the mini fridge and checked to see if I had everything.

"Okay I'll see ya later." I called out to Tasha as I left our room.

I walked back to my car and got in to start over to practice.

I made my way into the girls locker room to meet Jessica and Shontice.

"Hey ya'll" I smiled.

"Hey, you ready to die at practice today?" Shontice laughed.

I headed to the back of the locker room to change into my clothes.

After practice was over it was going on 7 o'clock. Shontice's phone began to ring after we all took our shower.

"ooooooooh it's James." Jessica sang as she answered the phone.

after a few seconds of talking to James, Jessica hung up smiling.

"Why you smiling?" I asked

"What did he call for?" Shontice asked.

"James, Trey, and Malcom invited us out to eat tonight for a triple date." she answered.

"To Where?" Shontice asked

"BJ's" Jessica replied.

"I'm in." Shontice and I replied at the same time.

"Okay, let's meet at my apartment and get dressed there." Jessica smirked.

"Woah, Apartment?" I laughed.

"When you get your own place?" Shontice questioned.

"A few days ago! I've been meaning to tell yall but I've been busy moving in." She smiled.

"That's great girl." I smiled. "text us the address in the group message so we can get over there quick."

I got in my car and drove back to my dorm. I already showered I just needed to find something to wear out tonight.

"I'm going out to eat with the group tonight, want me to bring you something back?" I asked Tasha who was coming out the bathroom in a pink dress.

"No thanks. I got a few plans of my own tonight." she smirked.

"Okay sexy." I laughed. "Who's the special guy?" I asked.

"no one to serious yet." she laughed. "I don't want to jinx it, I'll let you know if things get more serious." She smiled.

"Well okay, I'll see you later then." I called out to her as she walked out the door.

Something seemed off about her. Tasha always tells me about her new boy toys, even if it's a one time thing. I shrugged it off and went back to finding something to wear.