Chapter 6

"Your ex from a while back?" I asked in the car with Tasha.

"Yeah I mean it was in high school and basically just a high school sweetheart." She said. I could tell she was hiding something.

"So is it okay if me and him start something? I mean I know we're friends but I'm really starting to like him. And after being with Ron, Malcolm is really different." I said fumbling with my room keys.

"All I have to say is watch for Malcolm." Tasha said slamming the car door.

I got out the car following behind her.

"What do you mean watch out? If you don't want me to be with him then just say so Tasha."

"I'm not mad that you like him. Just watch out for him."

"Fine." I ended the conversation walking in our dorm room. I wasn't about to force her to tell me. What ever it was that she had to "watch" for. Malcolm has probably changed since then.

"I'm going out for a few hours. I'll see you later." She yelled walking out the door.

I got a text from Malcolm.

Hey.. Can we talk? Lunch?

Sure. Come get me?

Yeah, on my way.

I checked the last message from Malcolm and put my phone on the charger while finding some clothes to change into for lunch.

I put on some dark wash skinny jeans, denim top, and cheetah print flats.

My phone vibrated indicating I had a call.

"Hello?"

"I'm here outside." I heard Malcolm's voice say into the phone.

"Okay I'm coming." I replied.

I grabbed my purse and keys and walked out the dorms.

"Hey." I greeted Malcolm with a warm smile and hug.

"Hey, where we going?" He asked returning the smile.

"Chili's" I said sliding into the passenger seat.

Earned it by Chief Keef played as we pulled off onto the road.

I got a group text from Shontice and Jessica as I was in the car.

Jessica 👭: Girl you left church quick!

Me: I know things got really awkward

Shontice: so what happen in the car with her?

Me: Long story I'll explain later

Jessica: long story? Girl we got time 😊

Me: 😂 I'll explain later. Gtg 😘

I put my phone down in my lap and looked over to Malcolm who was already watching me.