Chapter 8

KRIS IN MM*

As I sat in class taking notes from the board in my biology class, there was a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that could be?" My professor, Mr. Johnson questioned.
A talk slender woman was at the door but Mr. Johnson shut the door behind him before I could get a good look.

He returned moments later with a note in his hand.

"Well you guys and gals are in luck today, I forgot I had a meeting to attend to in 10 minutes at 12 o'clock today. So you all are dismissed from class."
He announced in front of the room.
All of the class hurriedly packed up their belonging to head out for lunch. I texted Malcolm to see if he wanted to meet up for lunch since my class would be ending earlier than usual. I began packing up my things as I waited for him to reply. My phone buzzed indicating I had a message.

Malcolm: sorry I'm tied up right now.. I'll make it up later, promise.
Me: okay 😕

As I was standing up from my seat I bumped into some guy and dropped all my papers and folders.

"I'm such a klutz! So-" I cut myself off after I looked up and realized it was Kris.

"Kris!" I smiled.

"Hey." he chuckled.

"How come I'm just now noticing you in this class?" I questioned.

"I just started today, I sit way in the back over there." He said pointing to a desk in the far left corner.
After he helped me collect my things from the ground we stood up as I adjusted my purse strap on my shoulder.

"Where you headed to now?" Kris asked as we walked outside.

"To the cafeteria for lunch. want to join?" I asked.

"Whaaaaaaaat? the Shay Jackson is eating in the cafeteria for lunch?"
I laughed at his sarcasm.

"Very funny." I smirked.
We walked to the cafeteria in time to beat the crowd coming in.

Malcolm POV

"Meet me at the trap house quick nigga." I said into the phone to Trey.

I couldn't make it to lunch because I was handling business at the trap house. I'm gonna tell Shay one day I'm involved in the game, just not now.

"Bet, what's popping over there?" He asked.

"Man someone been fucking with our money!" I yelled into the phone.

"Shit man. I'm on my way now." He answered hanging up quick.

I paced back and forth in my office till I heard a knock.

"Who is it?" I yelled through the door.

"Trey."

I checked through the peep hole to make sure before opening the door.

"You figure out who it was?" Trey rushed in getting straight to the point.

"I came by my office to pick up some things and checked on the safe while I was up here." I said sitting down behind my desk.

"We about 200 thousand dollars short than we should be." I said pulling out my 9mm from my drawer.

"We about to go handle this now huh?" Trey chuckled standing up from his spot pulling his 9 out his waistband.

"Trigger happy ass. yeah we bout to handle this shit." I said.