Chapter 3

*Malcolm and Trey in Picture above*

I woke up at 2 a.m. I couldn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned in my bed, thinking.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and grabbed a towel from the rack. I looked back at the mirror and stood there looking at myself. I sighed and walked back into my room.

I decided to go to my mothers grave this morning. I know it's real early to be going to a graveyard but I haven't had a one on one talk with my mom in some weeks.

My mom died when I was 17. I was devastated when I found out. My mom was my rock and my world. When no one else had my back I knew she did.

Flashback
I grabbed my phone after hearing it blowing up with calls. I had just left the gym so I was too busy to answer my phone. I glanced at my 10 missed calls from my dad. I sat there with a puzzled look. I haven't seen or even talked to my dad since I was 8. He walked out me and my moms life for a younger woman.

I called him back and he answered immediately.

"Malcolm." I heard him sigh into the phone.

"Hey...dad." I replied. It was awkward it's been years.

"I know I haven't been around but I need to let you know this before you hear from someone else." He said.

I started getting nervous. What could he have to tell me all of a sudden after 9 years.

"What is it?" I asked

"Your mom died. She came to talk to me this morning about me coming to your graduation, as a surprise..." He continued to talk about what happen but I zoned out after he said she died.

"She was shot by someone, I'm not sure who exactly I'm still trying to work on finding out who" he continued.

"What...what d-do I do now? Who - who do I live with? I'm seventeen!" I cried into the phone.

"Come live here in Louisiana with me. I have a home for you here and a job I can get you in. I'll send my address and a moving company next week." He stated then hung up.

After 9 years this is how he comes into my life. I thought. How could he be so nonchalant of the mother of his only child.

Ever since that week later I've been living with my father in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He introduced me into the game and has helped me or ever since. I had my mother buried here in Louisiana so I could visit whenever I choose.

Flashback over

I grabbed a pair of black nike sweats, my bred 11's and a white v-neck to wear. I grabbed my black hoodie off the rack and pulled it over my head. I reached under my bed and pulled out a shoe box. I pulled out my glock 19 and put it in my waist band making sure the safety lock is on. I stepped back and grabbed my car keys heading out the door.

I pulled up to a gas station and walked in. It was quiet, I'm guessing because it's 3 a.m. They had some fresh flowers in the corner so I picked some white roses. I glanced out the corner of my eye and saw someone run out the door.

"Who the fuck was that.." I mumbled to myself.

I payed for my flowers and headed out. I pulled up to the grave yard and got out.

I paused for a second and stared at a 1997 dark blue Honda Accord parked in the lot. I thought it looked kind of strange but I shook the thought of it and kept on about my business.