CHAPTER 45 - BUSTED

It was around midnight when Alyssa went downstairs for a glass of water...for some reason, she couldn't sleep. She was a little startled and confused when she saw that the kitchen light was on.

She entered the room and there sat Jia crying into a glass of milk. It broke Alyssa's heart. She was that girl 20 years ago and she could still remember the loneliness and complete loss of control that came from being homeless and abandoned by your family.

"Hey you know you're not supposed to cry over spilt milk." Alyssa said softly.

"It's not split. It's still in the glass." Jia mumbled.

"Right."

Alyssa moved to get her drink as Jia discretely wiped her eyes.

"We were going to tell you tomorrow but...I talked to my wife and we want to help you. You can stay here as long as you need. I know the fold out isn't that great but it's better than a few gym mats. And you'll be safe here." Alyssa told her.

"Thanks Mrs. Valdez but I can't stay." Jia replied.

"Why?"

"Because I have no money to pay you." Jia replied.

"I never said anything about a payment."

"I can't expect you or your wife to pay for an add-on who will live in your basement like some kind of deformed giant scoffing down Baby Ruths and watching old movies about a pirate ship or something." Jia replied.

"Oh my God I love that movie." Alyssa grinned.

"What movie?" Jia asked a little confused.

"Never mind. Look Jia, Mika and I don't want your money. All that we ask is that you help around the house like everybody else does who lives here." Alyssa replied.

"I didn't think people like you existed." Jia mumbled.

"What a drop-dead gorgeous woman? Trust me...I'm all real." Alyssa replied with a smirk.

Jia just raised her eye brow and tried not to smile.

"You know Bea warned me about you." Jia stated.

"What do you mean?"

"You're a total loony...your sweet and very caring...but totally loony." Jia replied.

Alyssa just smiled.

"Aww...that's sweet." Alyssa cooed.

Jia just laughed.

"I don't know how much Beatriz has told you but understand that I do know what you're going through and if at any time you need or want to talk please come and see me...I didn't have that but I'm gonna make sure you do." Alyssa told her after the laughter died down.

"You're just like Bea you know that? Or she's like you...anyway you're both have really big kind hearts." Jia mumbled.

"Ced's Mika's mini-me...Marck is a mixture of both of us but Bea...she's mine." Alyssa smiled softly.

"Mrs. Valdez."

"Call me Alyssa."

"Alyssa...I...I don't know what Beatriz has told you but um...she told me that the reason you...got pregnant was because you were in denial about being...gay and well I was just w-wondering if...I mean...I'm just really confused." Jia muttered as a fresh set of tears began to fall.

"You think you might be gay?" Alyssa softly asked.

"I don't know...I know that I'm...I'm attracted to girls...but then sometimes I think I'm attracted to boys but then other times I'm just not sure." Jia cried.