The Scar I

Lindon, Middle-Earth

The company's arrival in Lindon happened in a blur for Elanor. She could now feel the vicious and heavy poison flowing through her veins and burning her from within, its darkness obscuring her mind more and more.

However, when the company stepped inside Lindon, Elanor felt it, the poison burning stronger in the presence of so much light, but also she smelted the sweet scent of the Elven Capital. She would have smiled was she not so out of it and so in pain. Thondir, carrying her in his arms, rushed through the long corridors, Galadriel at his side as she kept glancing at her sister in agony. Worry shadowed her face, and Elanor wished she could reach out and stroke the lines of her sister's face to appease her.

"Elrond!" Galadriel called, shouting the Half-Elf's name as they ran through the many hallways of Elrond's house. "Elrond!" She called again, but he was nowhere to be found.

At last, an Elf Attendant came to meet them, a slight frown visible on her face even from under her white veil.

"Lady Galadriel, Lord Elrond is out," she declared softly but firmly, "How may I help you?"

"Go find your master," Galadriel ordered, her eyes glaring.

Thondir came to a halt next to the blonde Commander, and the slight shock that induced made Elanor moan pitifully, paling even more as her blood saturated the dirty cloak around her injured leg.

Realising the urgency of the situation, the Attendant nodded curtly, turning around and rushing to find Elrond. As they waited, Galadriel found an inside clearing, asking Thondir to lay Elanor over a bed of fallen leaves by the roots of an ancient tree. The blonde Commander then sat by her sister's head, holding her close. Tears were filling her light blue eyes, the fear of losing someone she loved crushing her heart with a cold hand, and she tried to hide her distress from her Second in Command, but Thondir watched the scene with similar anguish, tears in his eyes as well.

"Galadriel..." Elanor whispered, her mouth dry and her voice hoarse. Her sister moved, leaning closer to her to listen. "Lay my body by my family," she continued softly, "I don't want to be far from them..."

The blonde frowned, a single tear rolling down her face as her embrace tightened around Elanor, pressing her sweating face against her neck.

"You will not die," Galadriel affirmed, wiping the dripping sweat from Elanor's eyes and cheeks, "Elrond will save you."

Elanor wanted to say something more and tried to, opening her mouth, ready to speak, but a new wave of pain hit her, and only a cry escaped her lips, tears rolling down her pale face and mixing with the sweat.

"Stay with me," Galadriel whispered into her ear, "Be strong, little star, please be strong..."

At last, the Elf Attendant returned and on her trail Elrond, who witnessed the scene of Galadriel holding Elanor tightly against her, Thondir sitting by their side amid the gold and red of the clearing, and he was filled with a sense of urgency and terror. In a few strides, the Half-Elf was by Elanor's side, watching her with a mix of worriment and despondency.