Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Back to present

Carter's vision became all blurry as he tried to explain how things got worse from the point on. He would have nightmares of this man, laying in a ocean of his own blood. Begging. Just begging for Carter to help him, to take him away from this monstrosity.

"That man. Found out who he was. I just had a face with no name, I had to know his name."Carter sollowed hard. Bile rose in his throat. "His name was Ben Ashley. He was a father, just like me. He had two children with a another on the way..." He voice trailed off. Edwards hands involuntarily flew up to cover his mouth. "I feel sick to my stomach Edward." Carter's eyes finally meeting his astonished face. "Edward I'm in trouble. Real trouble."

"Don't you worry Mr Carter. We will find away to put this inhumane thing behind bars where he belongs. You will not leave us behind. Everybody will know the name Ben Ashley. He will not just be a face."

A small smile hindered on Carter's lips. He was extremely greatfull yo Edward. More than he would ever know. He wasn't just a servant to the household but a friend. A dear, dear friend.

The sound of sierns disrupted the complete silence between the two.

"That would be the police."

"I know who did this but I can't just say that to the police."

"Then don't Mr Carter once when we find away to put away, don't say a word. We do not want to provoke this cruel. He obviously doesn't care if you are a parent or not. Beware Mr Carter."

The knock on the door went so Edward went towards the main door. There stood two police officers with their pens and little black notebooks in their hands. One male officer and one female.

"Are you the one who called us sir? "

"Yes I am indeed. The owner of the house Mr Carter is just checking to see if anything has been stolen. Please do come in."

"Thank you."

After a few minutes of the officers entering the Hales household, Carter made his way to the living as this is where Edward had taken the officers to talk about the crime that occurred.

"Hello. Thank you for coming. I am Carter Hales."

"Hi. Was anything stolen?"

"Yes a few things were take. Which were quite valuable."

"So we can presume that this was a robbery."

"No."

"Excuse me Mr Hales?"

Edward shifted a cold and concerned look at Carter. His eyes became wide and fixed on Carter. He narrowed his eyebrows and held his breath as he waited for what was to come next from Carter's mouth. Carter looked at Edward and saw his head slowly shaking firm left to right. He nodded in a agreement, inhaled a deep breathe to respond to the lady officer's question.

"I mean is is that we can not assume anything. But yes that's looking like the most popular and obvious choice for this."

"We will investigate further. As you quite rightly said Mr Hales, we can't assume."

Then the male officer turned to Edward and spoke.

"Mr Lockington please maybe ask you a few questions? Whilst my colleague talks to Mr Hales."

"Yes Mr Hales. Can I ask you some questions?"

"Of course you can. I be happy to cooperate. And Crater is just fine."