Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The next morning Perry awoke to the sound of crashing. Running down the steps towards the source of the disrupting and worrying sound, she found herself standing outside of her father's study. The door was open a crack and grunting could be heard washing over the perfectly sound morning.

Then. Silence fell upon the house. Before she knew it her father had opened the door and stood in from of Perry.

"Ah Perry..."

"Are you okay dad?"

"Yes." He held his suitcase on his hand and glanced forward past Perry's head. When he looked back and saw that his daughter's gaze was fixed on his luggage he pushed forward. "Yeah I am sorry Perry but I need to head back out to London."

"I see."

"I'll try not to be long, but I really can't rush this as much as I want to." Carter sighed to himself. "I'll try and be back home within a week. Then we can go away somewhere nice just the tow of us okay? Father and daughter time."

"That sounds like a plan."

"So deal?"

"Yes dad, deal."

"Great!" He plastered a smile that Perry had not seen since her mother left them:tears sprang to her eyes. "Hey hey."Carter ushered holding down on her shoulder. "I'll be back soon sweet."

"I know that dad. Am not sad over that so don't worry. You have things that you need to take care of."

"Well I will see you soon."

"Catch you later."

"Bye. Behave like you always do."

♤~♤

It was a Monday. Now that the half term had finished Perry had to face her fears at school. She couldn't hide from Queen Bitch for the rest of her life. Although things had improved at school, with Perry rekindling her friendship with Emily and becoming friends with Mckenzie, Arria and Spencer. Plus Jensen and his friends that he made. But things were still bad. Never mind the fact that Jensen and Perry had to be careful of Jake as he was released from prison with a caution.

The bell rang for lunch so Perry and her new profounded group wondered to the lunch hall.

"That's absolutely ludicrous that he just got let off after what he did." You could hear the disgust in Spencer 's voice as she continued to rage about the whole situation after Perry 'enlightened ' them all. "I mean it's just inhumane. Something only animals do. How could he?"

"In a way it's sweet."Mckenzie pranced as she played with her hair. Everyone's eyes locked on Mckenzie ' s. "NO! I'm not saying that this attack is sweet. Jensen got injured so how could it be sweet. I just ment that he was jealous over yours two passionate kiss so he must still care about you."

"For goodness sake Mckenzie." A disappointed Spencer rest her face in her hands.

"But I totally agree that it was disgraceful."
Mckenzie quickly spoke before she would get set straight by Spencer.

"Where's Arria?" Perry asked trying to change the subject of conversation.

"She's 'ill'." Emily said doing quotation marks with her fingers.

"Why with the sarky tone?"

"Well Perry. Let me include you into a little secret. Arria is having fun else where with her boyfriend Mike. Either that or she had decided to just stay home as usual."

"Oh okay."

The girls had got they're lunch from the cafeteria and made there way to their table at the far back of the hall. Perry could spy Lauren standing there innocently at her corner next to her seat. Perry held her tray tightly trying not to make eye contact with her arch emeny as she past her. However this plan didn't go as smoothly for Lauren stuck out her foot so Perry tripped and fell crashing to floor landing in her food.