Chapter 2

There I was sitting on my bed checking her window every once in a while, while watching a movie I totally shouldn't be watching. I wanted to mess with her a bit. I opened my curtains in my room and pushed up on the window. I had an evil plan brewing, I had to wait for Squirrel Girl to come back and poke her head out from behind her curtain.

I glanced out the window again, and a Squirrel kid was peeking out from behind the window. I scooped out a handful of dirt from the planter box on my windowsill and tossed it at her window, she ducked instantly, even though her window wasn't even open. I fell back onto my bed in a fit of maniacal laughter.

She opened the window and shouted, "Hey! That's not nice to do to your new neighbor!"

"So what!" I called back in reply. I scooped up another handful of dirt, this time I hit her square in the head and as the dirt flew in the air I yelled, "Welcome to Forest City Squirrelie!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't find that very funny myself, Cobalt," Monty, my closest friend, responded to my story.

"I thought it was hilarious," I responded with my blue tail brushing up against the floor, "What movie do you want to watch tonight?"

"I'm not in the mood to watch a movie tonight, we both agreed that I would help you study for the school year," Monty replied.

"Yeah, but, it's not like we are going back tomorrow, we still have two weeks, then torture for the next six months."

"It's five months, Cobalt. Five months of school," Monty corrected while adjusting his glasses, the ceiling light reflected off of them.

"I don't see why you are so concerned with me graduating, it's not like I'm going anywhere in life. I'll probably end up in some boring office job like my dad," I cringed while saying.

Monty raised an eyebrow and asked jokingly, "Do I have to take you to the same hypnosis my dad goes to?"

"Which one?" I teased.

Monty had lost his mom when he was younger and his father decided to remarry after struggling with a job he was getting paid almost nearly nothing for, Monty's dads met almost 7 years ago and they have been the happiest family since, well, not the happiest, the obvious elephant in the room still made things a lot worse, especially since Monty's dad struggled with a lot of issues after his wife died, but Monty's stepfather helped the two of them cope. I often wish I could move into Monty's house, mainly because things at home haven't been the greatest either.

"Have you heard from Bonnie at all," I asked Monty.

"From or about?" Monty replied, "Oh boy! I sure have heard a lot about her this past summer."

"Like what!?" I questioned stupidly.

"Don't you think you should just let go of her, Cobalt, it's a high school romance, it's not going to affect you too much down the road."

"Really because I seem to recall you being upset when Lily broke up with you in the third grade!" I teased again.

"Don't you ever mention her name again!" Monty cried over dramatically

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Monty, I'm so sowwy, I can't accept yow Vawentine dis year," said Lily.

"NOOO! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER!" Monty cried, "Also you spelled diagram wrong on your spelling test the other day."

"NOOO! NOW WE BOTH IN TWUBBLE!" Lily screamed, then burst out in tears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was stupid, you can't just tell me that she broke up with me because I told her she spelled diagram wrong," Monty protested.

"So, it's still funny," I replied, resisting the urge to laugh.

"Yeah, well you also dated Lily in middle school!" Monty yelled triumphantly.

"Okay, we're even," I said, trying to calm down the situation.

Monty was looking out the window at a sad sight, Squirrelie was just resting her head on her windowsill in melancholy.

"Get the plank," Monty demanded.

"Oh no! We are NOT going over there!" I argued.

"Well, get it anyway, besides you put her in this situation, the least you can do is apologize.

"Ugh! Fiiiiine!"

I grabbed the plank from underneath my bed, I found it on the side of the road one day, while driving, it was sturdy enough to walk on and I used it many times to get on my neighbor's roof, mainly to steal shingles and stomp on the roof, but I sometimes went up there after another family argument. I placed the plank on my window and let it fall onto the other windowsill. The squirrel jumped in fear, as Monty started to walk on over tapping on the glass when he made it over. The squirrel opened the window and Monty hopped into her room without asking. I soon followed. I guess I have to apologize.