Chapter 10

Cobalt waved at me, he was heading inside his house, Mr. Lupin turned his head, saw me and grabbed Cobalt's arm leading him inside, Mr. Lupin didn't seem too thrilled. I glanced at my phone...

Cobalt: 5:23 "Almost out of detention >:D"

Cobalt: 5:25 "Dad is practically dragging me to his car, can't wait to get my own car... :P"

Cobalt: 6:00 "Just got out of dad's lecture, he is really angry right now."

I smiled nervously at Aunt Hazel, she looked awfully suspicious.

"Well, it looks like you've met our neighbors? Do you have Mr. Lupin for any classes?" Aunt Hazel started asking questions, oh boy here we go, "Are Cobalt and Bonnie friends now that you and Bonnie are friends? Oh I wonder if Mr. Lupin remembers Clove?"

"Uh," that's all I could say.

"I'll ask one by one, I get impulsive when I talk dear."

"That's fine, I guess."

Hazel got on the driver's side and asked, "Mac, do you have a permit? Or a license?"

"I don't feel like driving, but I do have a license if you were wondering," I answered.

"Well, I'll start asking you questions, you know I love hearing all about high schoolers and their... drama."

"You sure do, Hazel."

"So, you've met Cobalt... are you friends?"

"Yeah, you could say we're friends."

"Oh no! My worst nightmare, you NEED to stay away from that boy, he's a bad influence!"

"But-"

"Mac, you'll understand someday why I don't want you hanging around him," Hazel said, then sighed.

"I don't feel like talking about this anymore," I said resting my face on my hand, I stared out the window as Hazel parked the car in a diner's parking lot.

"Well, we're here," Hazel stated the obvious.

"Yeah, sure whatever," I said with a hint of melancholy.

"Oh, Mac, I just want to look after you," Hazel tried to reassure me.

"Then why,!?" I said, trying not to let tears flood my eyes, "Why did my dad think that this would FIX me!"

"Fix you..." Hazel trailed off, "he thinks he can fix you... by sending you to my place..."

"Yeah... the same way he took away Clove... he's known for a while now...he thought...he could FIX me himself."

"Sweetie... there is nothing wrong in being who you are... and if you want to be friends with Cobalt...then go ahead, I shouldn't control what you do," Hazel said, "Now let's get inside, I'm hungry and I'm sure you are too!"

I smiled slightly, I think Hazel is starting to understand now.