Chapter 1

There was nothing that I hated more than those dreary cubicles. The bleak whiteness of the walls and the headache-inducing bright, fluorescent lights that never failed to sour my mood and drive me mad. Each day was the exact same, day in and day out. Wake up at 7, shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, make coffee, drink the coffee, make lunch, go to work, work from 9 to 5, go home, eat, sleep, repeat, repeat, and then... you guessed it! Repeat again. Well, that was the case... that was until they showed up.

I pulled myself from my bed, my safe haven, rubbing at my eyes intensely, and yawned. Another bad dream, the same one at that. I craved a peaceful night's sleep. I swung my legs out from under my comforter, pressing my bare feet against the cold, hard wooden floors. I was already over the day, I stood up and began to slowly gather my dress pants and shirt from the closet then headed to my bathroom so that I could really kickstart the day.

The hot water that was raining down on me was doing very little to get rid of the sleepiness from my eyes. I turned the water off, grabbed the towel that hung up on the wall right next to the shower, and wrapped the green cloth around my waist. I continued on to act out my daily routine, the same routine I have been living religiously for four years. I brushed my teeth, got dressed, ate my pathetic little breakfast, drank my coffee, made lunch for when I was at work, went to work from 9 to 5, get home, make dinner, eat my pathetic dinner, and then finally, go to bed. Well... I would love to say that today was like all of the others, but it wasn't. There was a new person in the office today. I wasn't sure if this was a blessing or a curse, all I knew was that my prayers for change has finally been answered and granted.

I just hope to God that this damned 3 by 4 is no longer going to be the same sterile view with them here.