chapter 4

Rittika's pov :

"No mam you have to mention your relationship with the patient " the nurse informed me as i was filling the hospital admission form for that injured guy.

I was lucky enough to get an ambulance there to bring him to the hospital alive ..doctors told that his condition is critical and needs immediate surgery..

I told them to do whatever is needed to save him..
They informed me to fill the admission form of the patient and pay the money for surgery ..so I went to the reception to fill the form. .

I was confused what to write as I know nothing about the patient. .. But the nurse told me i have to fill atleast guardian's details for further contact and sign it as they are performing a surgery. ....

Well i wrote "friend" at the place of relationship with the patient and fill it with my ph number and address then signed it...

I did not have that much money with me for surgery so i decided to pay it online... When i took my phone from bag I saw 14 missed calls from Bani.. After paying the bill I called back Bani..

Bani- where the hell are you Rittika? I called you so many times" ( she shouted).

Me- "I called you too ,no need to shout.."

Bani- " i know i know ..i was busy with some foreign clients.have you reached home safely"

Me- " what! Means you have not reached yet?"

Bani- " no 😞 .I'll be back tomorrow evening after work...........by the way that means........ ....where are you still now? Its already 2 am in the night?? Rittu are you alright? ( asked worriedly)

Me- " yeah ,yeah i am ..calm down . let me give answers first... "

Bani- " hmm ..say say."

Me- " i'm in a hospital"

Bani-" what!!! Which hospital? I'm coming...what happened to you? Rittu are you injured? Say something.i'm coming..." ( she panicked)

I huffed

Me- "bani you dont let me finish...i'm not injured ,I'm absolutely fitt and fine...when i was coming home i saw a injured persion on the roadside so I brought him to the hospital... .you dont need to worry dont need to come..I will be back by tomorrow morning....

Bani- " but you dont know any place or any person here why did you put yourself in others preblem???"

Me- " what do you mean ? How can i behave like a blind when i'm watching someone at the verge of the death ? " ( i protested)

Bani - " thats..thats right ..i didn't mean that.....still.....are you sure you dont need me?"

Me - " i'm just fine...I will be heading home in few hours after knowing that patient's condition"

I heard a doctor came from the operation room and asked for the guardian of that patient..

Me- " Bani i'll talk to you letter."

Bani-" call me if you need anything. "

And i cut the call and rushed to the doctor as there was none with that man as guardian except me..

Me - " hello doctor .how is he?"

Doctor- " we have removed the bullet successfully and shifted him to the ICU .. But he has lost a lot of blood.so his condition is still very critical.so we have to give him blood immediately.."

Me- " ok..then do what should be done dont worry about money."

Doctor-" money is not a matter here..his blood group is AB- and its the most rare blood group..we have already given all AB- blood that was available in our blood bank...but he needs more...i mean a lot..and there is no AB- blood donor available at this time... And he cant wait till morning..you have to arrange a donor..".. ( the doctor left)

I dont know what should I do .. I sat there on the chair ......this is my first time with such a situation and totaly alone. And more over i dont know any one here except bani..and I know she is B+.....just then I remember i'm O- .that means i may give him my blood...

I immediately stood from my position and called the doctor ..

Me- " doctor you can take my blood .i'm O-.."

Doctor- " thats great but are you sure?it can make you weak for few days .."

Me- "i'm sure ..dont worry about me ...i'm a very healthy person.it will take no time to refill my veins. "

Then the doctor took me with him and test for my blood...after that a nurse came and took me to the ICU...

When i enter in the ICU room I saw him lying silently on the bed..before now my mind never noticed his features as it was working at its at most mission to bring this injured man to a hospital...

The nurse took me with her to the adjacent bed and do their process to took my blood..but I watched him only..till now i only remember his eyes ,it was deep sea green..but now i notice he indeed is a very handsome man..like a superstar or you can say he looks like a greek god with sharp jawline ,pointed nose ,thick eyebrow ,perfectly trimmed beard and fair skin....but right now he was overall looking a little pale..various machines was attached with him.......

After about an hour doctor told me i'm done..I abruptly sit from my laying position .and that was foolishness. I felt a little dizziness.the doctor advised me to rest for an hour then I can go .....I laid in my bed and kept staring at him...
"Who is he?" " why would someone shoot him?" " what does he do ?" "How would I contact his family?" I kept thinking...

I dont know when i drifted to sleep......

I woke up with some faint voice and saw the doctor was instructing something to the nurse ..

Doctor-"miss how are you feeling now?"

Me- "fine,thanks." "Can I go home now"..

Doctor - " yeah if you dont feel any weakness then ofcourse you can .

Me- " okey .I will visit him tomorrow, till then if you need you can call me."

I smiled to them,took my bag ,and went for my home.

I took a glance of him while leaving............