The Slytherin dungeons

Delila's POV

For those who reside in Hogwarts, Halloween was a huge celebration with a mouthwatering feast and parties in each common room, full of alcohol and candy. However, the purebloods and some half-bloods, indulge in the celebration of Samhain with a ritual that gives thanks to lady magic and a way to remember those who had passed on. Unfortunately, said rituals are seen as dark magic and are completely banned from being used, meaning the families who follow old traditions have to perform them in secret.

Everyone was currently in the great hall, devouring the feast that is laid before them whilst Hadrian and I decided to take a look around the Slytherin common room. It was completely deserted, which allowed both of us to admire it fully. We decided that the Slytherin common room will be the next one to be renovated, Uncle Sev had permitted and trusted us enough to do so without his presence.

In my opinion, the Snake den was dull and unnecessarily cold, though it gave me a sense of belonging that I hadn't felt in the Gryffindor common room.

We decided to extend the room and give it high ceilings with a similar glass dome that allows the green-blue colour of the black lake to shine down into it

We decided to extend the room and give it high ceilings with a similar glass dome that allows the green-blue colour of the black lake to shine down into it. We added a balcony that circles the whole room with seating areas and desks to study, along with shelves of books of all genres. Hadrian added some pillars with snakes carved into the stone and I charmed it so that each time the clock strikes an hour, the snake's hiss and moves around.

On the main floor, we put a small platform that leads to four full-length wall windows that give you a full view of underneath the lake, along with two throne-like seats for the king and queen. We added three different fireplaces on each end of the room with a seating area, which gives the room a soft glow but also some extra warmth after adding some heating charms to the stone walls. There's a certain wall in the room that now hung Salazar's portrait, along with some notices and moving photographs of different parties and gatherings that the Slytherins had for the past few years. The finishing touch to the common room was a large and fluffy green rug that sat in the middle of the room.

$what do you think, Grandpa?$ Hadrian hissed to Salazar, who was observing the room with an emotionless expression. He turned to us and a rare smile blossomed on his face.

$you did extraordinarily, hachlings$ He responded with a fond tone, making Hadrian and I smile brightly up at him.

"The Slytherins are approaching, my children" Lady Hogwarts spoke softly as her magic swirled around us, I looked over at my twin with an excited smile, making him chuckle. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the small platform, where we sat on the throne chairs, waiting for the Slytherins to enter.

"Why don't you just tell us, Professor" A student groaned as the doors swung open, revealing Severus, who stopped abruptly when he noticed how dark the common room was.

"Do you like it, Uncle Sev?" I called out, though I know they'll only be able to see our outlines due to the fires not being lit.

"Delila? Hadrian?" He responded in confusion, we watch as he squints his eyes in our direction, hoping to see more clearly.