Keep Trying

New Chapter.

Enjoy :)

*      *      *

Why was life so hard on some people? Why was it so unfair? Was it necessary to feel this kind of pain? Was it necessary to go through pain to get happiness?

Blake wondered why people had to endure such disasters. He was running after his big brother; calling for him and trying to stop him but the latter did not listen. Drake kept running and running. He did not even look back when Blake called for him. He reached the parking lot of the school and stopped to regain his breath.

"Drake, for god sake, did you really have to run that fast and that far? I'm not Woody Woodpecker you know!?"

Breathless, Drake tried to respond but nothing was getting out of his mouth. He straightened himself and started walking back and forth. His mouth opened but closed on the spot and it went like this again and again. The poor heartbroken guy was trying to explain what he felt to Blake but in vain. However, as a brother, Blake knew what Drake was trying to do and made sure to let him know that.

"Drake! Drake please stop torturing yourself!", he started but his older brother did not listen. He continued to walk and walk. Blake looked at him, unable to do anything. "Drake please! Dad does not deserve your attention. He is an asshole who looks only after those he thinks are valuable to him. What he said should not..."

"Should not what? Affect me?", finally exclaimed Drake, "Well sorry but it does. I just announced to our father that the guy he keeps on caring for, more than us, made my girlfriend pregnant and have you seen how he reacted?"

"He actually had no reaction Drake."

"EXACTLY!! He had no reaction at all. As if he did not even hear what I said or worst; he heard it but did not pay a single attention. I have no idea why we keep calling that guy 'father' when he's clearly not one."

After saying this, silence fell upon the parking lot. The two young men stared at each other before laughing like two idiots. "I'm sorry Blake. I don't know what happened to me. I shouldn't have acted like this."

"It's ok bro!", responded Blake, smiling, "We all get crazy sometimes."

"Thanks, I'm....", Drake started but Blake, mischievously, cut him off.

"Except that in your case, we call that insanity not craziness."

Drake's face after that was priceless. For once, he was the one who had to be the victim of sarcasm. He tapped Blake's back before saying: "Yeah..well forget about the thanks then."

Laughing was all they could do but then, like two people who shared a strong bond would do, they hugged each other. It was a normal brotherly hug but it still had that little spark; this small piece of greatness that could bring back to life any dying soul. They did not need to talk. They already knew each other's thoughts.

"BOYS!", screamed Kaylyn from the other end of the parking lot; in front of the school's gate. "C'MON!"

"COMING MOM!", screamed the two brothers in unison while making their way back to their mother.

On their way back home, everything was normal. Nobody talked of what happened and of what could happen. Kaylyn went to look for Cassie at her guitar classes and passed at the shopping mall to buy some stuffs for dinner and for school.

"It was delicious mom.", said Blake after finishing his diner, "..like always."

Kaylyn grinned and started piling their plates one over the other.