Harsh Reality

"Blake is going to kill you!", exclaimed Drake, flabbergasted when seeing Chris sleeping in the car.

"Not the time to think about this.", his mother responded, "Are you going to help me or just stand there like a pillar?"

"Oops yeah sorry."

Both of them extirpated the young man out of the car and slowly brought him to Blake's room. On his mother's orders, Drake looked for proper clothes to leave on the bed in case he wakes up. "Sorry brother but it seems like your clothes are the only ones fitting...". The latter took a grey shirt and black jeans; slowly placing them right next to the blond sleeping beauty before leaving the room, wondering what kind of unbearable pain his little brother would make him go through if he learned about that.

"What happened to him?". The young man stepped in the Kitchen, opening the fridge to take some juice. He poured the liquid in a glass and brought it to his mouth while staring at his mother.

She breathed in. "He got drunk in a bar not far from here. The... 'D's Jokes'. Caleb couldn't go so he asked me to do it."

"Huh..Better say he didn't want to...", he whispered.

"Drake!"

"What mom!? It's true and you know it. This jerk doesn't care about his son. Dad and him are just the same...", replied Drake, annoyed. 

It was painful, really painful. Who would love to admit such a thing? Having a father who couldn't care less about his own children... I wish things were different. I wish he stayed like when we were babies playing around. He saw only us back then. All he could think about was spending time with us... his sons. Now it's just... Drake looked down, pain striking his chest. He could feel his throat burning at the thought of his and Blake's childhood. Being the first child used to be so easy but growing up just proved it wrong. Hesitantly, Drake approached the window. All he wanted was to throw his fist through the glass, feel the material shatter under the pressure.

"It hurts, you know... To think that he will never look at me or Blake the way he looks at all the other successful basketball players. He makes us feel as if we're disappointments, as if we're nothing he expected or wished for." Tears were falling by then and rage could be felt in his voice. "He has no idea! He has no idea how much effort we did to make him proud. He has no idea how much pressure we applied on ourselves to try to change, to be better just because we thought we were not enough!"

Kaylyn could only watch her son. She was speechless. None of them ever talked about how they felt around  Lucas.

"You know what Blake told me once?", he asked, turning to his mother who seemed reckless. "He told me that he was sorry and destroyed. He was sorry to be such a horrible son and that he wished he could be different to make dad proud. He had so many scars all over his little body after training with dad all day and yet, it was not enough for Mr Lucas Scott. Blake was only 10 mom! What kind of father would do such a thing?"

"Ours I guess...", added a soft voice.

"Cassie...", exclaimed Kaylyn.

The young girl walked past the sofa and placed herself right in front her brother. She, then, started talking to her mother but her eyes never left Drake's. "Father... He has never been present for me either. He never attended my concerts, never told me he was proud of what I accomplished so far. He... At some point, I just felt like a disgrace so I stopped trying. Being the daughter of a man who always praised boys is never easy. Blake and Drake were more fathers to me than he ever was and ever will."

It was a harsh reality. Their harsh reality. A father who does not care, a mother who cares but who tends to be blind to those kind of men's stupidity. Cassie, Drake and Blake loved their parents, they truly did but it felt so hard to forgive simply because they could not forget. When the two adults divorced, the most affected one out of the three kids was Blake. He was such a sentimental human and he was young, too young. He wanted his family to be united. He wanted peace and prosperity to grow in his life like the seed of a tree placed deeply in the ground. Instead, he was given pain and despair. His tears fell like snow in Paris during Winter. Blake felt the cold on his cheek as the droplet kept sliding down. He screamed so loudly that nearly everyone in the surroundings could hear and feel his despair.