Chapter Six // The Introduction from Book 1 Makes Sense

Tyson was in shock, still unable to wrap his head around that Percy and I were his siblings.

Percy acted like he was being tortured same reason as Tyson.

And I...

I don't know what I was doing.

I was just kinda there mediating everything. I didn't mind it, honestly. I kinda felt like Tyson was my brother anyways in a lot of ways, even when we were going to Merriwether Prep.

And I was fine with the whole situation, to be honest.

Well...

I was until I caught Percy talking about Tyson behind his back.

"He's not my real brother!" He was protesting to some Hermes kids who just snickered at him. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like...a half-brother twice removed, or something."

I will admit...I probably overrated but Percy has been a un idiota egoísta y farisaico.

A selfish, self-righteous idiot.

So what did I do?

I lost my mind on him.

"Percy," I stomped up to him, grabbing his shoulder and dragging him away. "Why the heck are you acting like this?!"

He glowered at me, "Don't tell me you're mad at me too!!!"

    I raised my brows, crossing my arms, "You're the one being a jerk!!"

    "Does it not bother you that a monster is our brother?!"

    I stared at him, disbelief heavy in my features, "He's not a monster!"

    "Yes he is!"

    "SHUT UP, PERCY!!!" I shouted at him. "HE IS YOUR BROTHER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, SO GET OVER YOURSELF AND BE NICE TO HIM!"

    "HE'S A FREAK OF NATURE! A MISTAKE MADE BY OUR DAD!!!"

    "YEAH, WELL, SO AM I!!!"

    All the campers that were around us froze.

    Everyone pretty much knew about my reputation with the gods, and they all added it to their list of reasons why they were annoyed with them.

    I was mostly liked around camp, except by the Ares cabin, but what was new?

    But at my words, everyone stopped breathing.

    Percy's face paled, and he stammered, "S-Sally. I-I'm sorry. I-I—"

    "You should be sorry," I snapped at him, my blood simmering under my veins. "If you can't like Tyson for being a mistake, then you should treat me the same way..."

    "But—"

    "¡Sin peros!" I snapped at him, slipping into Spanish more frequently now that I was beyond furious. "No buts!"

    Percy pinched his lips, looking upset, and he opened his mouth again to say something, but I turned on my heel, walking no particular.

    I found myself by the pavilion, and there sat a familiar little girl.

    The same young girl sat by the hearth up in Olympus.

    I sat down a few feet away from her, grunting as I did so, and exasperatingly put my face in my hands.