Chapter 4

"You know Damian and I were childhood friends, so when we saw each other a couple of months ago, it was almost love at first sight. He is so sweet and caring, I wouldn't be surprised if he popped the question before New Year."

* * *

"It was so easy and loving, getting together was the best that happened to the both of us. To make sure I wouldn't go back to Paris he bought an apartment for us, I have to confess he has great taste in fashion that's for sure."

* * *

"Lila and I are thinking about our future together, but I would prefer to keep some things to ourselves..."

"Don't be silly Damiboo! We went as far as making a list of names for the kids we want, after the wedding, oops! I wasn't supposed to say anything... I'm so sorry honey..."

* * *

"And you won't believe it, but after a romantic Christmas dinner together, he took me for a walk in the beautiful garden of the Wayne estate and he asked me to marry him! It was fabulous, so romantic as well. I'm the luckiest girl in the world with him!"

* * *

Damian was relieved to leave the apartment he shared with Lila, he had a meeting with the Justice League and he couldn't wait to see everyone. Since the beginning of the mission, he couldn't be on the regular patrol rotation, so Robin was absent, except on special occasions.

He wasn't expecting the tension in the conference room, when he step into the Watchtower. It almost seemed like the Supers were avoiding the Bats, and he realized that Superboy was not there, which was really unusual. All the heroes sat down in their seat and the meeting started with the same rules and expectations of the night, before Wonder Woman presented the missions since the last meeting, Green Arrow did the same for the future missions that were supposed to start soon. AquaMan took some time to bring to the general attention the threats around the world and Flash presented the new members and the recruits for the hero training camp that would be coming up during the next summer.

During the meeting Superman stayed quiet, he even seemed deep in thoughts and texting someone once in a while, Batman on the other side of the table was trying to get his attention without any success. The last part of the meeting was for the Batfam, this time it was Red Robin who came up to do the presentation, he explained the new security updates they had installed in the three towers and he showed them the plans for the new training rooms. At the end of the night, when all the heroes were ready to leave, Superman got up and asked for their attention.

"Please stay seated for a minute longer, I have some announcements to make," the room was quiet, it was not the warm voice the founder usually used, when talking to anyone, it was something serious, but he didn't look like he was worried, more upset if Robin had to choose an emotion in particular. Everyone sat back down and waited for the man of steel to speak.

"Today, I was asked to inform you that Superboy will be retiring from his mantle, he has more important responsibilities from now on and decided to attend to them instead of being a hero. He assured me that if an emergency happened and he was needed he would come to assist, but nothing more," Robin was shocked, how could his best friend stop everything without even telling him? Robin and Superboy were partners, had been for years, they were the Super Sons. He could hear the whispers around him, but never understood anything, this news was harder to take than he ever thought. When the silence came back, he looked up at the man in front of everyone, who had raised his hand to ask them to stop talking.

"In the same order of thoughts, the Miraculous Team, decided to stop any collaboration with the Justice has of today. The Guardian will be keeping an eye on the magic around the world and inform us if needed, but she decided to disappear and let the civilians forget the existence of the Miraculous," with that he walked towards Wonder Woman and whispered something in her ear and she her eyes went from shocked to angry in a second. She nodded, letting him know she understood and he left Kon-El behind him, not talking to anyone.