Chapter 5

Damian looked at the police officer who was putting the handcuffs on Lila Rossi and sighed. She was screaming at him and trying to let fake tears out, but her rage was too intense, so she resigned in cursing him. This mission was finally over, after two long years. Two long years of suffering Rossi's presence by his side and her constant need to be seen. He hated being touch, but with her he had to fight himself not to kill her. He wanted to set a fire in his apartment, but decided to just move.

But the first thing he wanted to do was to get back to his life and find Marinette. He had to find the love of his life and apologize and explain everything. She was once a superhero and he knew she would understand why he broke her heart the way he did and how important the mission was.

When he got back to the manor, he took a shower before going to the BatCave and start his researches. He was there for about half an hour before his brothers walked into the cave, looking at the younger man, they understood what he was doing and jumped in to help. The Wayne's loved Marinette, she was a little angel and she always brought joy wherever she went, they knew Damian had broken up with her at the start of the mission, but they all missed her. The search extended into the night and after patrol Bruce and the girls had join them.

"Where could she be?" asked Stephanie.

"I have no idea," said Damian, a little annoyed by her question.

"Did you try to find her family or some friends?" Bruce's question, got his son to rush back to the computer. They all looked at the screen hopeful, but Damian only got her old files and Ladybug's files form the Justice League, nothing they didn't knew already.

"She didn't have anybody, the only people she was close with were the League, us and Jon..." he trailed the name of his best friend. When was the last time he had talked to him or saw him? The last time he had gotten news, was when Superman had announced Ladybug and Superboy retirement, two years ago.

"Jon! Maybe he knows where she went. But I would have to find him first," Damian jumped on his feet to get his phone and call his best friend, but to his surprise the phone number had been disconnected. Tim took out his phone and tried to call Conner, but came to the same result. Their last chance to a direct contact would be with Clark or Lois, so Bruce took out his phone and dialed the numbers without any success.

The family frowned and Barbara, got into finding anything on Jonathan Kent, without any success. It was frustrating, but Damian would not be stopped until he found his angel, his love. But all of their researches were dead ends. It seemed like Jon Kent and Marinette Dupain-Cheng had both disappeared two years prior. They were MIA.

* * *

A week later, Damian found himself driving to Metropolis, with the hope of seeing Clark and Lois. It was the only way for him to contact them, without having to hack into the Daily Planet or the government data base, he knew the relationship with the Kent family hadn't been great lately, even between the Supers and the Bats. Clark, Conner and surprisingly Kara even refused to be at the Watchtower alone with his family, since Jon had quit being Superboy.

The young man really hope to find his best friend and his angel soon. The last two years were hell without them and now that he was finally free he wanted to see them. It took him almost 2 hours to get to the family farm, but he made it, just before noon.

He was welcome with the surprising sight of Lois playing on a blanket with a baby and a toddler. He didn't remember any of the family members talking about kids recently, but he wasn't here for that, so he slowly walked towards the house, when he heard playful screaming coming from the barn. He turned in said direction to see Conner and Jon on the roof throwing each other what seemed to be wood sticks. Clark flew to his sons and tried to get to them, but Conner tackled Jon and they both fell from the barn, laughing while Clark only smiled and shook his head at their childish play.

When the brothers got up, Jon saw Damian and froze, his eyes were starting to glow red. Conner sensing the tension in the air turned and he understood why, he patted his brother's back and nodded in the direction of Lois and the children. The young Wayne realized that Lois was now standing defensibly in between him and the children and Clark had dropped next to Kon with a menacing glare. Jon ran to the kids and took them both in his arms, flying away without a word.

Damian didn't know why his friend had reacted the way he did, but in that moment, the danger was coming from the two men in front of him, both red glowing eyes, ready to use their heat vision on him. Clark took the scariest voice he ever heard, when addressing him.

"You better get off this property and never come back Wayne, you and your entire family are not welcome here. You made your choice years ago and now leave or I will not hesitated to kill you."

Damian was confused but decided to leave, not wanting to cause any trouble. He had to find Jon, he and his family knew something and he wanted to know what.