Chapter 11

The next morning, Jon woke up and joined his family in the kitchen. He kissed his kids on their foreheads and gave a loving kiss to Marinette, who was breastfeeding Sarah. He started preparing breakfast, with the help of Elijah and Melody, who were mostly playing with the food and plates. They ended up, sitting in the living room drawing into their coloring books. Jon looked at his family lovingly and recalled the moment the older kids saw their baby sister for the first time, how much his life had changed since that night where he found Marinette on his doorstep, more than three years ago.

He went back to the kitchen making sure the breakfast was not burning and cleaning the mess Eli and Melo had made with the food, while setting the table. Sarah sitting in her high chair was giggling and trying to catch him every time he passed by. When Marinette came back changed and took over the kitchen he took his baby girl and started tickling her. At that moment the doorbell was heard.

He went to open the door to his parents, his grand-mother Ma Kent and Kon. Kara made her appearance a couple of minutes later. Looking at his family around the table, Jon took his wife's hand and squeezed it gently. Marinette looked at him, she was smiling and robbing her baby bump, they were really happy. Jon saw how good his life had been and how much he loved his family, he knew that despite everything he wouldn't change it. He had win the best thing in his life and he wasn't letting it go anytime soon: his family.