Chapter 7

Damian got up, once Jon was gone and he took the time to look around the main floor. In the dining room he saw two high chairs and a lot of baby bottle drying on the counter, he then made his way to the living room. He found a playpen and toys around the floor, on the bay window was a basket with balls of yarn and knitting needles. The back wall was a library and it was full of books, from kids to adult literature and even what seemed to be a lot of magazine where article from Lois and Clark were published.

He notice pictures on the top of the fireplace, he walked towards it trying to see who was living here with Jon. The first picture was of a bride and groom when they exchange the first kiss has husband and wife, Damian could see the faces clearly, but he was sure it was Jon. How come he got married and he didn't know about it? Moving to the second picture, he saw Lois and Clark with the two babies he had seen at the Kent farm, a week earlier, they seemed really happy.

There was a picture of Jon and who Damian assumed was his wife, sitting on a hospital bed, with a baby in her arms, she was crying, but happy. Another was of the same baby, but with Lois and Clark. Right next to it, he recognized Jon hugging the same woman from behind and placing his hands on a small baby bump and the two babies kissing and hugging her belly. They looked like a really happy family.

He couldn't help but smile at the sight of the picture with all the Kent family, including Ma Kent and Kara. Kon was throwing a little boy in the air on one and an ultrasound dated the day he had gone to the Kent farm, he could read 'Baby #3 (3 months)' on the top of the picture. When he looked at the last one, he felt he heart stop. He wasn't ready to see her smile, he wasn't sure if he wanted to be here at that moment. The love in her eyes were not for him, but for Jon and in hurt.

Marinette's smile on picture was breathtaking, she was dancing with Jon, probably their first dance, by the wonderful white dress she was wearing, probably her own design. She was looking at Jon lovingly and she was happy, she was in love. He had never seen this sparkle of joy and love in her eyes before, not even when they were together.

Damian stared at the pictures understanding, he had made the biggest mistake of his life, the night he chose to take this mission, two and an half years ago. Now Jon and Marinette were happily married and were expecting their third child, it made him sick to his stomach. He had lost his angel and she had a new life and she was happy without him.

At this moment, Jon came back holding a baby girl, around 8 or 9 months in his arms, she had dark hair like her father and the bluebell eyes, like her mother. A small movement in her hair captured his attention and he saw Plagg on her head playing with her hair, the little girl was giggling at tried to get the cat-like god but he made sure not to be in her reach.

Damian was about to say something, when the front door opened behind him and a small boy stumbled inside, he called "Dada!" and stopped when he saw the unknown man in front of him. A woman entered the house and asked the boy what was going on, he didn't answer and hide behind her leg. She smile and was about to call her husband when she saw the unwanted presence, that scared her son. Marinette dropped all the bags she had in her hands on floor and picked up her son. She glared at him and made her way to Jon, grabbing her daughter in arms, even with her baby bump, she rapidly leaves the room without a word. The frustration is clearly visible in her eyes and before he could opened his mouth to call her name, Jon was dragging him to the front door.

"You know what Wayne? Forget this address, anything you know about us and leave us alone and don't even try to contact us, you or your family." The door slammed and Damian sadly got into his car and drove all the way back to Gotham in silence.