CAMILLA

Death is a weird phenomenon. One second the person is sitting there with you and in another, they are gone, don't where or how? Some people bury the dead others blaze them. I always have found death a mystery. People leave but their known ones suffer? Does the person know that they will vanish from the face of the earth in a millisecond?

I just have fallen asleep after a long night's sex marathon with Niko, when I received a call from the palace that the queen died. Not Beyonce but Queen Elizabeth of England. She ruled England for the longest period in history almost 70 years. My mom says we have to go to her funeral to pay respects. My mother's presence is required, but I am not sure about mine

"I can come with u " I looked behind my shoulder to see Niko get up from his deep slumber. After fucking like rabbits the whole night we just slept at 4 in the morning. I just had a night that I had been dreaming about forever, I don't wanna leave but sometimes the crown comes with a price. He would have heard me talking on the phone.

"Nah, it's okay not a big deal"

"Well, the queen of England just died."

"Adele is still alive, so I am happy" Humour is my coping mechanism in stressful situations

"You know what I mean. Why are you u stressing to go the UK?

"I am not stressed to fly the UK. it just." I paused, not wanting to sound stupid or someone who run away from their responsibilities

"Cam" I heard him.

"It's just that I am scared it would be a very high-profile funeral. All important people would be present I would go there as the future queen of eladorra. Someone important. Do I look like I am important"

His hand cupped my face and his eyes found mine "Listen to me, you are important, queen or not. You are fucking legacy of Eladorra. So what everyone would be there? remember you are can't impress everyone. the people who see you like the real you would be proud of their soon to be their queen."

"You have a way with words, Mr Volkov" I pecked his lips, placing a chaste kiss.

His lips found my jaw and throat, placing butterfly kisses all over my face "Let's just I borrowed my father's charm in this field" He reached the crook of my neck and buried his face.

"I can't even imagine Alex Volkov simp" I'm sure I have a hickey the size of mount Everest.

"Believe me he is more than a simp around my mother. Now get up get ready I will leave with you at the airport or else we will end up in bed again." he slapped my ass.

After getting ready for a black dress I called Roma to tell her, she could meet us in the reception area. I have to put extra time into hiding my hickey because mom and dad will be there and I am not ready to tell them about me and Niko. Not that we are something or anything. we still haven't talked about that matter. Matter defines us.

I am almost confident in every decision of my life or every one related to me being queen but frighten to have a conversation with him about the night that I had forgotten

*

Niko and I left for the airport holding hands. Like entangling fingers so tightly as if another person was being snatched away. I was not at all worried about the paparazzi taking our picture and posting it on the internet. On reaching the airport, I knew we had to part ways, him back to America, me to the UK but my heart was dropping with every step towards the terminal I was not ready to say goodbye to him. Not after last night. We had sex.

Omg

If Sofia comes to know about she will either kill me or Niko or plan our wedding. I also can't believe I cut an item off my bucket list