Chapter 6

I showed up at the lake maybe  a little bit worried about what he wanted to talk  about but I had missed him so I wanted to see him.

"Hey" He said when I got there he looked sad but at the same time pleased to see me.

"Hi, how are you?" I replied and he put his arms around me for a hug.

"I'm  okay I guess, it's really good  to see you, I need to ask you a favour!" He told me and I nodded "You know your house in the lakes, could my Mum use it for a little while, something is going on at my house and she can't be there?"

"I don't know, my parents would have to meet your Mum and agree, what about you, it's  not exactly close to here?" I replied

"Don't worry about me, I'll be at school, I'll find somewhere to stay close by, I promise, Liv can you please ask your parents to meet my Mum before school starts back?"

I thought for a second and text my Mum.

Mum- Can Dylan and his Mum come for Sunday lunch tomorrow?

I was really hoping my Mum wouldn't say no because Dylan seemed desperate.

Olivia- I don't see why not, tell them 2pm and we'll eat at the table.

I was now worried they wouldn't  approve of my choice of relationship.

Me and Dylan watched the sun go down and then we went home and I called him later that night and his Mum was really happy to meet my parents she even got her nicest dress out.

Dylan and me seemed good but I could always tell something was bothering him.

When the next day came around I was nervous in case my parents didn't like Dylan's mother so as time got closer to 2pm I was  stressing out.

"You like Dylan right Mum?" I asked

"Yes of course, he seems like a good lad, as long as he keeps you happy and treats you well I have no reason to not like him, why?" My Mum responded whilst setting the table.

"Dylan and his Mum are from a different surrounding than we are, they live in the rougher part of town, they don't have a lot of money like we do, his upbringing  was very different to mine." I told her

"Honey, I am not going to judge Dylan or his family on their financial status or on how they were raised." My Mum assured me but I still was worried.

I went to get changed for dinner then I realised I hadn't  told Dylan or his mother what we were having.

Dylan- Hey babe, I thought I'd let you know we are having roast pork and crackling, my Mum has made a soup for starters and a trifle for afters but you don't have to eat anything you don't want to- Liv

He didn't reply and I was dreading this dinner.

At 2pm they knocked on the door and I instantly became nervous...

I ran down stairs and answered the door.

"Hi!" I said

"Hey." Dylan replied and kissed me on the cheek his mum smiled at me and I led them in, she had brought flowers for my family and she was wearing a red knee length dress and red heels, her hair in a loose bun and make up she had obviously made an effort. 

"Oh, hello there, so glad you could make it, I'm Wendy, this is my husband Steve, it's lovely to meet you, Dylan is a wonderful boy!" My Mum introduced herself.

"I'm Louisa, and Olivia is also wonderful!" Dylan's mum said and smiled I wasn't feeling any less anxious.

With dinner my Mum and Steve brought out a nice pinot noir and offered it to me and Dylan and Louisa, I had half a glass as I always did and Dylan refused and Louisa had a glass.

"Do you mind if I just have a soft drink?" Dylan asked 

"Of course, Olivia go get him a diet coke." Steve told me, I ran to the garage and back just so I didn't leave them alone too long.

I got back Louisa was getting a second glass of wine and Dylan was looking worried