Chapter 1

I decided that someone who barely knows me protecting me from my ex couldn't be all bad even though my friend didn't seem to approve of him. 

Each day I started to do something different. I started wearing my hair in a way he'd notice or wore make up a different way even started wearing skirts to school but he didn't seem to care about any of that. 

So I decided to just talk to him.

"Hey!" I said a bit louder than I wanted to I guess nerves overcame me.

"Hi" He replied in his low voice I didn't know what I was expecting but he looked at me for me to continue the conversation.  That day I have curled my hair and put it in a pony tail so being nervous I started twirling it around my finger. 

"Erm... How are you?" I asked with a nervous giggle at the end.

"I'm good, how are you?" He replied but looked at me like I was a little insane. 

"I'm great, anyway you doing anything this weekend?" I didn't know where I was going with this.  

"No plans why?" He looked at me interested.

"Erm...well me and Maisy are going to a movie and wanted to know if you wanted to join and if you want to bring a friend that's good too?" I made up hoping he would say no.

"Um...ok, sure, I'll bring my best mate Josh, he's from my old school, Olive right?" He asked 

"Um...no it's Olivia but you can call me Liv most people do!" I corrected him "I'll guess I'll see you in Science then!" I walked away feeling so embarrassed that I asked him to a movie.  

I had to catch up with Maisy and tell her what I had just done, I felt so stupid and well, frankly not myself. 

Friday came and I was hoping he had forgotten when he spoke to me in Science class. 

"Hey Liv, what time are we all meeting tomorrow?" He asked making my heart flutter what the hell was happening to me?

"6pm, films at 8pm we always go for food before we go for a film if you and Josh are up for that?" I spoke confidently but inside I was screaming.

"Yeah, cool, do you want us to pick you girls up, Josh can drive?" I didn't know how to  answer that do I want Dylan to know where I live.

"Yeah, that would be great, I'll text you my address later if you give me your number!" I handed my phone to him he typed it in and handed it back "Ok, I've got to go meet Maisy taking her little sister shopping for her birthday, see you tomorrow!"  

Whilst out shopping with Maisy and her sister I bought a new outfit for the movie although the movie theatre would be dark the meal wouldn't be and I really wanted to impress Dylan but I also wanted to be me.