04 | guest & tea

Ajax groaned loudly and checked the time on his phone, disappointment evident in the way he slouched further in his chair.

"2:20..." He whispered under his breath and the life in his eyes seemed to disappear.

His hands reached up to pull the orange strands of hair in frustration.

"Why the fuck do I have to solve this?"

[Name] could only comfort the other with a pat on his back before he read the question written on the paper.

"So, the question is - John is 3 times older than his daughter and he is 39 years old. Help John find his daughter's age. How will you do it?"

"John's a bad father,"

"Yeah—" [Name] blinked, "Huh?"

He was confused about how this statement came to be when they were only solving their maths problems together.

"How come he doesn't know his daughter's age? He doesn't deserve to be called a father!" Ajax ranted out his thoughts which seemed to amuse the other.

"Haha, your thoughts are quite interesting?" [Name] said after he laughed. "Shall we take a break before we continue?" 

Nodding his head, Ajax stood up from his chair and stretched.

Currently, they were inside the apartment that [Name] and Eula shared.

Though, calling it an apartment would be an understatement as the rich kids from the Lawrence clan had some deep pockets.

Every item was a luxury that the ginger felt even unworthy of breathing the air there.

"Do you want any drink?" The blue-haired male asked. His feet took him towards the kitchen with the other following behind his steps.

"Hmm? Maybe some tea?" Ajax hummed to himself, "You always seem to enjoy those."

"Of course, which one would you like?" [Name] opened a cabinet and displayed various kinds of teas present to the ginger who stood there like a mannequin(🧍‍♀️).

"Schwarztee (black tea), Fruchttee (fruit tea), Kamillentee (Camomile), Fencheltee (Fennel) or-" Before he could continue on listing more kinds of tea, Ajax held his hands up motioning him to stop.

Ajax stood awkwardly as he thought about how he knew nothing that the handsome male in front of him was talking about.

Tea? No.

Chai? Yes ✔

"Why don't we drink your favourite tea today?"  The shorter one out of the two suggested and the cold beauty nodded in response.

Ajax could only watch in admiration at the man whose hands move in an elegant and fluid manner with practised precision, his gold eyes focused on the task and a soft smile on his face.

If beauty was a word, it would be [Name] Lawrence.

This elegance could not be compared to anyone.

With a lovestruck expression, Ajax continued to gaze at the other for the entire time he was making the tea.

A cough echoed through the room making the ginger snap out of his daze.

There stood [Name]'s twin — Eula Lawrence — with a raised eyebrow and arms folded in front of her.

With an awkward shift between his legs, Ajax politely greeted the woman who simply grunted at him.

Did I mention Eula didn't like Ajax?

It was pretty obvious with the way she was staring deep into his soul and judging all his flaws.

Well, Ajax didn't like her either. 

He rolled his eyes and looked away with a 'tch' sound making the woman stare at him with fire burning in her eyes. 

[Name] who noticed his twin's presence greeted her with a soothing smile making the tense atmosphere better.

"I'm making our favourite tea, would you like some as well?" He asked.

"Yes," Eula answered. "I would love to have our favourite tea."

She stressed the word as she side-eyed the extra in the room.

Gritting his teeth, Ajax tried to calm himself.

"Yeah, let's have some tea time together!" He cheerfully replied as he clapped his hands together.

As if not sensing the tension between his sister and friend, [Name] happily returned to make tea.

As soon as the blue-haired male left, the atmosphere staled once again.

"I don't like you." Eula stated.

"Hmm, why do I not understand what you're talking about?" Ajax replied with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Stay away from my brother." The woman threatened.

But was the ginger someone who could be threatened this easily?

"No ♡." He easily replied.

'First, it was that red-haired bastard, now his sister.' Ajax groaned inwardly but his face showed no annoyance.

He still had that fake smile on his face annoying the woman immensely. 

Well, either way, he was going to make sure he was gonna pull [Name].

Soon, evening came and it was time for the guest who was unwelcomed to leave.

"Thank you for having me!" Ajax said with a charming smile on his face.

Eula almost vomited in disgust when she saw that.

This man thought that he was oh-so-charming, hah.

"No need, it wasn't much." [Name] replied back with a smile.

"Don't come back!" Eula barked out rather uncharacteristically.

The older twin nudged his elbow as if didn't hear what he just did.

The smile on the ginger's face twitched slightly before he walked away after saying goodbyes.

Eula turned away as soon as possible.

Ajax and Eula, despite their hatred and disgust for each other, only had one thought in their minds.

'I won't let you win!'

— Ok, I know that the question was an easy maths problem but I had to for the plot

— Ok, I know that the question was an easy maths problem but I had to for the plot. I can't put fucking trigonometry or something and make a joke out of it. I don't even have maths-

edit: I do maths now :) fuck my life

— I have no knowledge about teas so the ones I mentioned are what I found online.