05 | indigo & red

It had been more than a week since Kunikuzushi had proposed the bet.

And might I say the bet was progressing rather well?

Yeah, even he couldn't believe the words of a ginger. So, here he was 

The indigo-haired male had found himself unintentionally observing the duo who were engrossed in something he could hardly call study.

Was it studying if you stare at someone with hearts in your eyes? Kunikuzushi scoffed internally as his eyes glanced at his friend who paying more attention to [Name]'s face rather than whatever bullshit he was teaching.

Well, it wasn't really his intention to spy on them.

Keep lying to yourself, love.

He had to intention he swore.

An assignment was due and he needed a few books from the library so he could complete them, those two love birds just happened to catch his eye and it was all their fault, not his!

Nothing they did should have garnered his attention, nothing they did was suspicious.

Except, it was his friend - Childe - Tartaglia - Ajax.

But then again, everything was suspicious about the ginger.

The said ginger was too busy ogling at [Name] who definitely knew that he was being stared at but pretended not to know.

"Tch," Kunikuzushi let out a scoff as he saw the embarrassing state of this embarrassing friend of his.

He couldn't believe this was the person he had agreed to be friends with, how low he had fallen. 

Kunikuzushi should really reconsider his standards but well, the ginger accepted this shitty self of his so he could too accept the other's shitty self.

That's what friends are for after all.

'I'm getting soft.' The violet-eyed male thought in disgust.

Shaking his head with an eye roll, he walked to the section of books he needed for his own assignment.

Unfortunately, it was just not his time of the day.

He fucking tripped over nothing but thin air.

Yes, he just tripped.

And to add to that burn, it was the library where the atmosphere could only be described with one word, and that was silence.

So, his fall caused a huge resounding thud noise which everyone in the vicinity heard.

Clenching his fists and suppressing the flash of red threatening to appear on his face, he regained his footing and stood up with his head held high as if he wasn't the one to fall but the one to trip others.

"KU-NI-KU-ZU-SHI!"

The short indigo-haired male cursed his luck.

"What is it, you idiot?" Kunikuzushi retorted with an angry glare, his eyes spewing fire in frustration at his blue-eyed friend who had managed to walk towards him in just a few seconds.

'Fuck Ajax and his tall height!' 

Sweatdropping, Ajax answered.

"You fell so I came to check up on you," His blue eyes then shifted towards his partner. "Ahh, this is my friend, Kunikuzushi!"

Ajax introduced his friend to the Lawrence standing beside him.

[Name] couldn't help but let out a little chuckle in amusement.

"Yes, I know with how loudly you yelled out his name."

Moving his hand forward, [Name] quirked his lips in a small yet gentle and warm smile.

"Pleasure meeting you, I am [Name] Lawrence," He moved forward as if he was combing out the tangles of the shorter guy's hair.

"But you already knew that, am I correct?"

Kunikushi noticed the way the other's eyes seemed to narrow down in humour as he was a prey and the other was the hunter and the way his hand was tight as if to apply pressure, not on his hand but his mental state.

"Tsk, I'm going away." He brushed [Name]'s hand away and fastened his steps, walking out of the library without looking back or completing the purpose of his journey there.

[Name] maintained his friendly facade while smiling as if he didn't just intimidate this new person he had just met.

Ajax remained blissfully unaware of his partner and friend's thoughts as he wondered what could have caused the indigo-haired male to walk away so quickly.

Shrugging off these thoughts, Ajax turned to [Name] who met his gaze head-on with the same warm smile on his face.

"What?" [Name] questioned, the smile on his face still intact.

"Hmm, nothing let's continue!"