Chapter 7: Weird Chicken

Stunned. You were stunned.
That was a person. In a rabbit costume?

The gravity of the situation finally catches up with you, and so too does the emotional trauma.
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!
Who was that?
It was running away injured

Mamma didn't raise no looser. Oh yeah, you were gonna chase this thing. How the tables have turned.

Disoriented and dazed from the fall, you tussle your way into a full sprint, scooping for your pipe and violently shacking the flickering flashlight. You were not going to let that thing go.

"GET BACK HERE!" You yelled after it. Cargo boxes streaked by. You jump over torn trash bags eventually stopping at a 3-way split path.
Where did they go?
To the left was the kitchen, up ahead would have probably lead to the Locker rooms, and the right would lead to the loading docks.

In a sense, you felt invigorated knowing you weren't the one being chased but rather, doing the chasing.

A devious flutter crosses your chest.
"Are you having Fun yet?" You call out hoping to taunt whoever wanted to mess with you in the first place.

There was no response. But at least you had the last laugh and there was satisfaction in that.

You smack the flickering flashlight against the palm of your hand until no longer flashed, and then you surveyed your surroundings.

There were wires and extension cables on the floor. They were damaged with the rubber insulation worn, exposing the bare internal wire. Wasn't there a garbage compactor nearby or something? Why was the trash maintenance so bad? And this was also probaly both a fire and a tripping hazard, but whatever, that's not your problem to deal with.

The kitchen was dark. Trashbags scattered the floors. It was dead end so you decided that if that rabbit person went in there, it would be your best shot at catching them.
You weren't exactly sure what you were going to do if you caught them.
You weren't security or anything, but maybe management couldn't give you a promotion or something for catching them.

You head inside and it felt like a maze. There were different utilities, sauce machines, tables, pizza making equipment, fryers and ovens. It was pretty cramped.

Amongst the jungle of kitchen utilities, you heard a shuffing sound. Wrappers, plastics and trash moving around.

Aha, you caught them. Tiptoeing, readying your pipe, you approach the noises. However, you are stopped mid track.
"Chica?!" You exclaimed.
Glamrock Chica. The chicken anamatronic was tearing open trash bags and eating the trash.
You stare at chica trying to take in the bizarre situation.
She scooped handfuls of trash, bringing it to her beak, only for it to fall out since she didnt have a stomach, or a throat for that matter. What in her glitched programming would cause her to do this? Also why was she here? Both her and Freddy were supposed to be in their rooms. Were all the anamatronics free roaming?

Her head snaps a sharp 90 degree turn towards you, with her eyes twitching
That was definitely unnerving.
The rest of her torso rotated to face you and she stands up, slouched, dragging her feet.
This didn't feel like the friendly, calming aura that Freddy had.

"Who wants candy?~" she asks in a creepily sweet voice.

"What?" You are in utter confusion. She begins to drag her feet, each footstep heaving with loud metallic clanks.

"Chica, I'm an employee here. What are you doing? You're supposed to be in your room." You demand. But she continued on her path towards you, picking up her pace.

Well, time to run again.
In an attempt to loose her, you weave through the maze of kitchen utilities until you lost her line of sight, and then hid in the nearest table cupboards. Something was wrong with her.

You weren't an engineer and you barely had any experience with any mechanics. As far as your knowledge went, you restart a computer when it acted weird.

Chica was pacing around the kitchen, patrolling. Maybe there was a way to reset her. But how?

"Let me take you to your parents..." she hissed. Sharply turning a corner, she spilt a bucket of water, letting the mop hit the floor. Her shoulder blade caught on a few overhanging trays. They came crashing to the floor.

"I am just trying to help~" she continued unfazed by the disaster of a mess she created.
'The water' you think to yourself. You remember a video game you played often where you'd spill water and then electrocute rivals.
With that, a plan forms. Maybe if there were an electrical source.
You look for nearby outlets and to your advantage, there happened to be one right where she spilt the water.

Alright, now for the electrical transfer. You look around but there wasn't much. Granted, you were also looking from the crack of an open cupboard. The view wasn't great.
Wait, the wires! The wires outside. Those broken wires would be the perfect shock hazard.

Chica walks by and you stiffen, holding your breath. She pauses for a moment, but then continues along her route.
As she passes by, you wait, and then move out crouching to avoid her sight.

You had to follow her until you could get a safe moment to get to the exit door to retrieve those wires.
You follow behind her as she patrols, not closely, but far enough to see her. As she continues past the door, you wait until she turns back into the kitchen utility area, and you slowly make your way to the door closing it carefully behind you. Thank goodness it didn't creak.

It dawned on you that you could just leave right now and head to the loading docks, but then what if you couldn't find an exit there? Freddy said there might be an exit there, but then again he also disappeared on you when you needed his help, and if all the anamatronics where acting as weird as chica, then you couldn't trust any of them.
If you couldn't find an exit at the loading docks, then chica will most definitely become a problem later on in the night. Taking her out now would be the best thing while you had this opportunity.

So you make the decision to grab the wires and quietly slip your way back into the kitchen.

Chica turned the corner sharply, and crashes into various stoves or any table sticking out in her pathway.
At least you weren't the janitor having to clean this afterwards.

"I am just trying to help~" she repeated.
You wait for her to pass, for you to follow behind her crouching again. When you get to the spill, you quickly hurry to the outlet to plug in the damaged wires, ensuring the exposed internals were in contact with the water.
Before turning on the outlet, you make sure that you weren't touching anything that could electrocute you.
Ok clear to go. You turn on the outlet and wait for chica to make another round.

Her footsteps approach with loud clanking and you back away. There she was.

"There you are~" she cheered almost singing, and she began to charge at you.

ZZZZZZ

A loud bang. Sparks shot out from the outlet and chica was frozen in place. She let out a high pitched shriek.

Success. She falls back and you rush to turn of the outlet, carefully avoiding the spill.
Honestly, you can't believe that worked. Usually whatever obscure plan you ever wanted to do, never turned out the way you'd hoped. You could barely cook a new recipe without it being a disaster and here you were standing victorious over the dead chicken robot after a precise plan you concocted.

You get closer to chica to observe her, but not too close cause you weren't taking any chances.

Smoke arose from her joints, especially her head. Her eye LEDs were out. Yep, you probably fried her circuits.

Her eyes open.
"OH GOOD GRIEF" you yell startled, stumbling back. You clutch your pipe close to you. If you were going out, you were going out with a fight.

"Ahhh" she whines. "Oh pickles, where am I?" Chica takes a look around and her body language was already noticeably different from before. She was less creepy and more... natural?

Her violet eye LEDS make a circular motion and she places her hands on her hear shacking, giving her such an animated 'dazed' expression.
She shook her head once again and then straightened herself. You were now both staring at each other.