Chapter 7

The next day, Beatrice sat down on the kitchen table with Haylee, her other roommate. They were drinking beer with soju while Haylee complained about how hard her job at HYBE Entertainment was. She was one of the staff members for Tomorrow X Together and was responsible for testing different kinds of makeup for the members'. She told Beatrice how that one boy, named Beomgyu, was a pain and annoyed the hell out of her.

"That boy will get me fired, I'm telling you," Haylee said.

"I would never imagine that he would be like this." Beatrice responded. "From what Lexi showed me, he seemed pretty fun."

"He's fun." Haylee sipped from her soju bottle. "When things are perfectly the way he wants them to be." She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe he just likes you, and his way of showing affection is by being... rude?" Beatrice hesitated.

"Nah, he probably hates me"

"You don't know that."

"Yeah, I do"

"Haylee, we can't forget he's an idol after all. We won't ever know for sure what he's feeling" Beatrice told her.

"You're probably right," Haylee nodded, drinking the rest of her soju bottle.

Beatrice looked at her friend, who was already getting tipsy. She suggested that the both of them headed to the living room to get more comfortable. She didn't tell Haylee but she feared that if she drank too much, she would fall asleep suddenly and hit her head on the wooden table.

Already sitting at the sofa, Beatrice took her beer bottle and took a sip. She was hesitant to ask Haylee about Yeonjun, even though she was curious to know what kind of person he was with the staff.

Should I ask?

Why am I being like this?

It's nothing, just curiosity. There's nothing wrong with it. It's better if I ask quickly, before she gets too drunk. She concluded.

"What are you looking at?" Haylee asked, looking at the direction Beatrice was looking towards.

"Hm? Sorry, I just dozed off." She laughed awkwardly and looked back at her friend.

"Haylee, can I ask you something?" Beatrice asked.

"Yeah, sure"

"How are the other boys from the group you work for? I mean, besides Beomgyu"

"Well... Soobin is very shy so when I work with him we never talk much." Haylee started. "HueningKai is super cute, I mean, he's like a male version of Lexi but taller and less capitalist, he won't spend that much money as she does." Beatrice laughed at the description of Huening. "Taehyun is usually quiet as well. Although he starts to sing suddenly in the dressing room. Not that I'm complaining, though, he's a great vocalist." She looked up for a moment as if she was trying to remember who was left. "Am I missing anyone? I feel like I am missing someone." Haylee put her hand on her head, trying to remember.

"I-I think you're missing... What was his name?" Beatrice questioned herself trying not to make it obvious that she wanted to know about him. "Ah! That's right, Yeonjun." She said after a while.

"Oh! Yeonjun" Haylee said and smiled. "I must be getting drunk." She laughed.

"Yeah, you definitely are." Beatrice laughed as well.

"Anyways... Yeonjun is super kind. He annoys me sometimes but not because he doesn't like anything, on the contrary, he's too clingy." Haylee laughed. "He likes to compliment the staff all of the time, saying that we did a good job. He also tells me not to care much about Beomgyu's childish behaviour." She finished and took Beatrice's bottle in hand and bottomed it all up.

"Hey!" Beatrice was going to complain but Haylee was already lying down on her lap.

"Haylee, I think you've had far too many. You are done, right?" She asked her friend, who had started to snore. "She's certainly done." Beatrice laughed and took the TV remote, watching something while being used as a pillow.

***

The fact that Yeonjun was bored and had nothing to do was an understatement. He had finished practising and had the rest of the day free. It was a rare sight, but he was glad that he could take a break from working on all of the promotions for their most recent album.

That was until he found himself lying down on the floor, looking up at the ceiling. He had nothing to do, and no one was home. All of his members had individual schedules, and he knew that they weren't going to be back that soon.

Except HueningKai, the boy didn't know where their Maknae was.

Then he remembered, he had made a friend earlier this week, a girl friend.

They must be hanging out

I want a friend too, He thought

After a while, an idea suddenly popped in Yeonjun's head. The next day he and HueningKai would be meeting up with his new friend at the Molang Exhibition happening there in Seoul. Yeonjun thought that to preserve his idol image he had to look good, so, he decided to do a little runway show. He would choose his outfit for the event.

He got up from the floor and ran directly to his room. He opened his drawers and took all of his shirts and trousers from inside.

He started to dress up until he was satisfied with the final look:

(IDK, I just love this fit)

"This is perfect for the occasion "he commented. "Let's have fun tomorrow." He smiled and took his phone, taking a mirror selfie and posting on Weverse.