The runner's nightmare - 1

The city of Musutafu, Japan. I never would have guessed it of looked something like this. So peaceful. Such a contrast from where I grew up, was from. Briggs, meaning... bridges and train railroads.. the underground systems of subways, either freezing off your tits in the dead of winter, or stuck with the icky smell of sewers and human body odor in the summer. The only really pleasant times where people found decent company would be if you've spent your whole life with your head down. People who grew up with violence surrounding them, seem to fit right in where the common clueless tourist, often are the folks who go first around here. 

Well, that would be the realness of this world I guess. It still is shocking, perhaps for someone unexposed to our way of life. But being a runner. Or... an ex runner.. It gets to grow on your personality. Even within the underground, a mad place compared to this topside scenery. Our people party like the villains we are, disdained by the public. Pushed aside, the outcast and misfitted into the cogs of our current quirked up society. In some twisted and warped sense of a valued illusion of peace... Is where our concealed hatred for the world slowly and unfortunately merges with our quirks, forming new identities. Some more monstrous than others, some simple and some very complex. 

Many hover over others, goal-oriented and readily able to squash the weaker man for their own gain or benefit. But my quirk, well I don't tend to brag but.. It's one of the more complicated types. When I start talking about it, I just can't seem to really explain the entirety of what makes me up. The whole of my backstory, what is my center? It may be something no one can fully grasp, not even me. And besides, not like anyone out there is listening to what a chump like me ought to say. I've always been, the other man.. the one, at the bottom of other's shoes.

"Hmm, that's right.. you're not here anymore.. hahhh.. dammit, why Davy?.."

________________________

"Rey Donna!! You filthy half-breed! I knew you'd steal from us!! Get back here you son of a bitch-" *thud*... *thud*... *thud*... Rushing up the stairs.

"H-hah.. ah.. h-hah.. ah!-" *crash*... *clenches*.. *creaking*... *slap*.. Slamming into the side hall, tumbling over a small table, breaking bottles of liquor and picture frames turned downwards.

"Arg-ah! N-now-you listen to me boy. If I ever see a single strand of your brown haired head pop out of that doorway again, or so much as a brief glance of your blue fucking eyes. Y-you'll be getting what you deserve. Ya hear me?.. You'll feel the pain your whore mother never learned from. She brought you into this world only for his sake! For the sake of a villain! I'll whip that villain that got her pregnant right out off your fucking face. Do you understand me? You're only half affiliate to this family! And your father went and ruined her! And now I'm left to take care of this mistake! Of a fucking monstrosity!".... He's choking me.. Air.. I need air.. 

...

"Move an inch boy, and your hair won't be the only thing that'll cut. " *bzzz*...*bzzz*.. *bzzz-*.. *drop*.. The kitchen, I remember.. it was always so filthy.. The tiles, often so grimy in the cracks.. grey and brown colored grooves.. dirty white square thick tiles.. so old, and so frighteningly loud. 

"Get up........  Don't make me repeat myself boy!" *Chair screech... drip*... I remember... I remember it all now.. 

"Yes, sir." *schsh... schsh.. gulp.. gulp.. thud.. thud.. thud*... His drinking never did stop him.. From doing terrible things..

"Don't turn your back on me!" *stab.. drip.. Drip*.. Those drops.. of blood on my shirt.. I remember the pattern they left on those dirty floors.. The pain.. hot white pit in my stomach.. And then..

"Hha.. agh.. ha.." Air... I can't breathe.. 

"Ha.. ha.. ha.. I-I told you.. D-didn't I? T-that'll cut.. h-a.. ha-h-hahah.. haha!" *trembling.. drip... drip... collapse.. lights flickering... blink.. blink.. scream*.. Mother? Above me, that rope.. these sounds, her tears.. Dripping.. The lights flashing. Her scream.. Mother.. 

"MOM!! H-HA.. Ha.... Ha.... h-hah-h.." *shudders*... Right... It's been 8 years.. H-hah... just another bad dream... Another nightmare, of the past I just can't seem to outrun.. these dreams, figments of imagination, connecting different memories together.. The night the bastard stabbed me.. and mom's death.. A new combination, but.. it all amounts to the same shit hole I've found myself in.. this deep and dark place, the light seems so much narrower to escape in the mornings than during the day. I guess, it's all based on perspective. Heh, like hell it is.. I already know the reason for why my life has been nothing but shit.. It's because I'm cursed.. yeah, that's the only explanation.