- 2

"A fork really?" Dabi said now and I half closed my eyes to him.

"It works.. I got an apple out of it." I said now mouch half full and he eyed me and then leaned forward as he knelt next to me.

"Watch, you'll be getting more than just an apple." Dabi said but I watched cautiously. He then extended the rod and grabbed the vendor's purse. I eyed him and furrowed my brows. He shushed me and continued. Then they caught sight of us as Dabi held the purse and the rod. I hurriedly stood up, stuffing the apple in my pocket and went running alongside Dabi. We ran through the alleyways and lost them as we both panted out. I leaned against a brick wall and caught my breath...

"I'm.. ha.. Never letting you get me food... ha.. Again.." I said sort of out of breath and Dabi grinned.

"But look at the haul. The lady had some cash. Here." Dabi said as he handed me half but I shook my head and pushed his hand away.

"I told you already. I don't do that sort of thing." I said now and he frowned but then eyed me took out my apple and blow it off as I put it in my mouth and started eating again like I was fucking starving.

"Rey... this cash could buy you food easily. You know that right?" Dabi said now but I just sighed in relief of how delicious this was. I then held the core and threw it aside.

"I'm not like you Dabi. I only steal food. Money belongs to people, and they always trace it back to someone." I said now and Dabi sighed knowing I like keeping myself on the downlow and out of the criminal aspect of things.

"Sure kid... but I saw on tv.. You've been pretty popular lately." Dabi said and I sighed.

"I know.. I was in hiding for 2 weeks now. It was that Hawks hero who found me on the roofs. I stayed on the ground level since then." I said now and went to climb a ladder. Dabi eyed me and followed.

"You could always just come back with me and join the league you know." Dabi said encouragingly but I shook my head again.

"I don't want to be on any side, Dabi. I live for myself by myself. The three rules remember." I said and Dabi smirked again.

"Right.. I know. You still won't tell me your quirk." Dabi said and then I half laughed too.

"No one knows and I want it to stay that way." I said now and Dabi thought while smirking.

"Is it a power quirk? Maybe a weird music quirk? You like music right?" Dabi guessed and I breathed out as we got to the top. I layed down in relief tired already and Dabi snickered at me.

"No.. it's neither one of those." I said and he spoke again.

"Damn kid.. I'm starting to think maybe you're quirkless with how tired you are." Dabi said and then I jolted sitting up and glared at him. He laughed now and I sighed crossing my legs.

"I do have a quirk.. But it's just not something I want to have. It's stupid.. And sucky." I said now and Dabi eyed me. He sat down too and looked over at the people below.

"Yeah.. everything in this world sucks.. Somedays I wish I'd just burned all the way. Be ridden of this cruel world." Dabi said and I sighed.

"I wish I had a normal childhood." I said whining and Dabi eyed me as I yet again fell back and layed down.

"Rey, if you're ever this hungry again. I'll get you some food alright. I haven't seen anyone go nuts for an apple like the way you did in my life. Don't starve yourself alright, kid." Dabi said sternly and I nodded my head, closing my eyes and just relaxed. Dabi then turned his head to the city and looked out some more. After a good ten minutes of chillaxing with me he saw me snoring and he then tapped my face awake. I opened my eyes and side glanced to see Dabi climbing down the ladder. His head poked out and he spoke.