chapter 10

Chapter  10

Head hanging low I made sure to sneak passed the couple and quietly walked out of the building. I ran a few blocks downtown and decided to stop in a nearby Cafe that happened to be open 24 hours. I walked in and ordered a iced mocha and forced down the tears.

Sometimes I really hated being an omega. We were always so emotional and that's what got to me every time. Someone would start flirting with me, I'd hang out with them and then something like this happens and I end up being the fool.

I was so caught up in drinking my mocha when my phone rang I didn't bother to see who was calling and boy did I regret it.

"Hello?" I said sternly as if I hadn't been crying for the past 10 minutes. I squeezed my eyes shut and cursed myself. It was Kenny and he wanted something done most likely tonight.

"Hello runt." Kenny answered tauntingly. I had pulled the phone away to take a few big deep breaths before I continued our conversation.

"What is it you want Kenny?" I asked sternly not in any sort of mood because of that bastard ripping my heart to pieces.

"Just wanted to know how my favorite nephew was doing." Kenny in somewhat of a taunting tone. I opened my eyes and rolled them.

"Bullshit!" I snapped glaring at nothing in particular. There was no one but the two baristas working, so when I suddenly yelled out of nowhere, it scared them. "What the hell did call me for?" I snapped angrily.

"Is that anyway to talk to your uncle runt?" He snapped back anger starting to show in his tone. When I said nothing he continued. "I have a fight for you lined up. Miss it and there'll be consequences."

Just when I thought I could get away and escape that life.

Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes calmed myself and readied myself for the fight to come. "When and where?" I asked in a calm tone keeping my voice steady.

"There's a man named Reiner Braun. He's blonde. Works as a security guard for a nightclub called the Red Room. Tonight. 4 am." He said in great detail. I had no knowledge of this man so I opened my eyes looking down at the table in confusion.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked not feeling like fighting especially when I had a feeling that Eren was going to be there. I sighed heavily letting my uncle know I wasn't in any mood.

"No you don't. He owes me 12 grand and it's time to pay up."  Was all Kenny said before he hung up forcing a heavier sigh out of me.

"Great." I mumbled to myself slowly. Checking the time I saw it was 2:54 am. Which meant the Red Room nightclub was closing soon. I had gotten a text from Kenny just then. Curious I opened it up to see I had received a contact and an address.

Kenny A:
*CONTACT:
Reiner Braun 547-893-8930*
1113 castle road drive
Sent 2:55 am

Sighing heavily I clicked on the contact to save it in my phone and sent a quick message making sure he was prepared for what was to come. Or if he knew anything at all. Then I had to make sure I wasn't alone, which meant I needed my personal crew back.

Me:
Time to pay up.
1113 castle lace drive.
Tonight at 4 am.
Miss it and the
consequences will be dire.
Sent 3:10am

I got a message from him within seconds and from the message, it seemed like he had just gotten off the phone and was preparing for the worst. Which ultimately had me sighing because it was either I get the money in full or I fight him. And based on his text he didn't have his 12 grand ready.

Reiner Braun:
The matches take place
inside the Red Room
Nightclub. There's a fifth
floor but you need a
Key to enter.
Sent 3:10am

I sighed heavily again. The key to enter these fights is a tattoo. My Ackerman name tattoo on my left forearm and my wings of freedom tattoo on my back will have to be seen for this. It's to let them know I'm the real deal. All Ackermans get these tattoos to prove your bloodline and connection to the gang. Though I didn't see Mikasa with an Ackerman name tattoo.

I decided to text Eld and see if he can get the crew here for my personal protection. I know considering the Red Room is the one hosting the illegal matches and they've already seen my face then my tattoos will have to come out.

Me:
Hey Eld, Kenny's got me fighting
Tonight. I need you guys by my side
Just in case anything comes up.
Sent 3:15am

Eld texted back almost instantly telling me to send him my location and we'd go into the fight together. He'd be there in ten minutes with the crew. All I could do was sigh in relief that they'd be there for me. They knew how I felt about fighting and they supported me but tonight I had to represent the Ackerman clan that this Reiner guy skipped out on. No one skips out on paying Kenny Ackerman without paying the price, a heavy one. And I was the only Ackerman in the States at the moment. Which meant I didn't have a choice.