chapter 14

Chapter  14
Levi's pov

*RING!!!*

Pulling over to the side I kicked the stand down and pulled out my phone. Knowing Erens tall enough to see over my shoulder and already knowing who I was I wasn't particularly worried about him following me inside. It was better to follow me inside the gang studio instead of my house because Kenny doesn't keep watch there. He expects everything to be reported automatically but my personal home has cameras he has contact with.

"Hello...." I answered putting on a strong front; turning off the bike. I knew Eren could hear being this close but he knew about me so I wasn't worried.

"Is it done?" Kenny asked simply. I sighed and pulled the keys out of the ignition sticking them in my pocket before deciding to answer.

"Yes. He has exactly 28 days to get the 12 grand or I will kill him personally." I said with no emotion. I felt Eren freeze seeing as he was holding onto me still. "Why did you send Yeager?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Because you wouldn't have fought your hardest if it were anyone else. Tell me I'm wrong levi." Kenny had me there. He was right which only made me sigh in reply. "You see I do care about you enough to know your not in a good spot right now."

"J-just stop. I can handle myself thank you very much." I said cutting him off. "Oh and uncle I have a quick warning, I slept with someone that tipped off the feds. Be prepared for an investigation."

"What?! You know how much trouble you'd be in too levi!" Kenny spat out angrily growling loudly through the phone. I chuckled silencing him.

"He made sure there are no ties to me because I left that life back in France 8 years ago. Have a nice life uncle." I hung up and called Hange's number. "Hey, four eyes hack into my uncle's computer system and get all the information you can. He's expecting you so do it quickly before he deletes anything."

"Right on short stack!" I growled at her nickname for me and hung up on her cackling self before stepping off the bike. 

"Come on in if you want answers," I called over my shoulder toward Eren. "Dont worry there are no feds here. They have better things to do." I said to Eren who looked physically worried. Little did he know I now worked as his worst nightmare. The government couldn't catch me so they offered me a job as an FBI special agent to keep me close.

Hange and moblit are both feds as well. They're also special agents. They are how I got this job with of course my ex as my boss, Erwin Smith.

"Then why'd you lie to Kenny and say the feds will be on his ass?" Eren asked curiously frowning in confusion down at me. I didn't answer him I just shook my head and unlocked my studio, it was full of tattoo stuff but in the back had files and a meeting room for my team. My team of feds consisted of Hange, Moblit, Erwin, me, and I think Erwin had put 3 newbies on with me as well.

*Ring!!!*

As soon as I unlocked the shop and shut the door behind Eren and locked it he got spooked but I rolled my eyes and answered putting a finger to my lips facing Eren.

"Yeah shitty glasses you're on speaker." I replied answering watching Eren nod quietly. "What did you find out?"

"Well to start with your uncle's firewall sucks as does everything else. I got crimes for money laundering, drug dealing, oh and get this kidnapping of a 3-year-old boy 20 years ago." I sighed heavily before hearing her ask why and what that was for.

"That kidnapping was me," I said glancing back up at a wide-eyed eren whose jaw was slack at hearing how I didn't have a choice in this life. I gave him a small smile before turning my attention back to my phone. "Hey get me anything you have on a Mikasa Ackerman would ya."